New Game Modes Coming!

Just read this from @fourzerotwo on twitter...

-

"Ready for new game modes for Modern Warfare 3? I've got some surprises for you for the weekend. I'll confirm full details tomorrow! MW3"

-

What do you guys want to see? I'd love War, but I don't think it's likely. Maybe a VIP/Juggernaut mode.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

War was the best game mode ever in any FPS

Juggernaut or VIP like in Halo would be awesome.  I would also like to see Thermonuclear War or whatever that gametype they tested privately was called, or War.

-

I honestly hope they surprise us with a gametype we've never heard of before, though.  Something completely new, creative, and out of the blue.

I think Global Themonuclear War could actually work in MW3. I played it in MW2 and it was, for the most part, a giant clusterf***, but with the changes to killstreaks it might just work in MW3.

This is why Infinity Ward is forever king.  They know exactly how to keep a game relevant and fresh, so years after it's release, it still is exciting.  Like I picked up a FPS a couple months ago that only came with 4 game modes!  8 if you count playing  those same 4 on hardcore.  I am already bored of the game.  MW3, I can play for years cause if I get bored of playing one way, there is still 12 other ways to play.

[quote user="Armani204"]

This is why Infinity Ward is forever king.  They know exactly how to keep a game relevant and fresh, so years after it's release, it still is exciting.  Like I picked up a FPS a couple months ago that only came with 4 game modes!  8 if you count playing  those same 4 on hardcore.  I am already bored of the game.  MW3, I can play for years cause if I get bored of playing one way, there is still 12 other ways to play.

[/quote]

I really don't mean to bash on your post but...I believe you're terribly mistaken.  Do you not remember COD 4 and MW2?  Cod 4 we got what, 3 new maps, nothing else.  MW2 we got 2 Map Packs, but half of each were filled with old maps, nothing else.  They're just following in Treyarchs footsteps, like how Treyarch added Nuketown 24/7 and some others for the hardcore players.  The only FPS developer that does this hands down better than anyone is Bungie for Halo....and I hate Halo.

Bungie is awesome when it comes to keeping its community happy, imo. But Mw3 is taking a good shot at doing that too, new game modes could be pretty sweet... depending on what they consider "new"...

[quote user="Armani204"]

[/quote]

All the game modes in CoD play the same. Maps are always the same, spawns are the same...it's never new, Favela on Domination is the same as Favela on Sabotage.

-

You play BF3 more than MW3 and you know why...it's better. BF3 really only has 2 game modes. But within those 2, you can play a thousand different ways. BF has true variety, which is why the series actually lasts. CoD is just a flavor of the month until the new one comes out.

I'm almost positive that one these "new" modes is a Sniping only playlist.  I watched an Interview about a month and a half before MW3 was out and Robert Bowling was asked directly "will there be a sniper only game mode for those quick scopers?", to which he answered "I can't say *long pause* but yes, next question".

forget  new game modes they have more then enough for how long the games been out I would much rather see a map pack come out first that are significantly larger then what they are now and it's not just because I like to snipe I like to run and gun as much as the next guy but I wouldn't mind bigger maps to run around in.

I'd like to see Uprising from Far cry 2. That was usually a fun game mode.