New Default Female Shepard on Mass Effect 3 Cover

A new default female version of Shepard from the Mass Effect series has been decided and will appear on the cover of the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3.

Article @ IGN (good for news, bad for reviews, lol)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited. My Shepard has been female ever since ME1. I've imported my character data for ME2... I just can't picture Commander Shepard when I think of her as a male. Just out of character for some.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The original default female Shepard was a red-head, so this makes some sense really.

This doesn't affect me in the slightest. I won't be buying the collectors edition, and I won't be playing as a female character. I preferred the brunette, though.

Well I'll be keeping the look of my female Shepard from the first two into the third, so it doesn't really affect me either.

However I do think it is good that at last they are giving the female Shepard some attention.

I also wont be getting the Colelctors Edition, I want it but wont get it. I've the regular edition pre-ordered for £25, the Collectors Edition is over double that in price.

She will look sexy on my CE.  Besides that it really doesn't matter to me since all but my evil playthroughs were men.  Oh yeah and the whole losing my save games when I switched consoles.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

This doesn't affect me in the slightest. I won't be buying the collectors edition, and I won't be playing as a female character. I preferred the brunette, though.

[/quote]

Precisely. Except for the last sentence. 

Looks like my Shepard in ME2.

Id tap that.

Not the girl I voted for but oh well I won't be playing with a female anyway.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

At first I minded that FemShep would be on the cover instead of default MaleShep, but man, this is definitely an upgrade for me. She looks good. :)

[quote user="HybridSX182"]

At first I minded that FemShep would be on the cover instead of default MaleShep, but man, this is definitely an upgrade for me. She looks good. :)

[/quote]You know it's only the collectors edition, right?