New Black Ops PlayLists - Treyarch Seeking Feedback/Input

[Quoted from Treyarch Game Design Director David Vonderhaar's recent thread on the official CallOfDuty.com Black Ops forum]:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=541724

Hello-

I am working on the following updates for the next major Playlist revision and need some feedback.

=====Express=====

30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No Second Chance allowed.

Using the above basics, please confirm the fastest playing game modes and map combinations.

Please express as such to make it easy for me to follow you:

Nuketown; Dem
Nuketown; TDM
Firing Range; Sab

=====DLC Moshpit=====

Moshpit of game modes using only DLC maps.

In your opinion, what are the best playing game modes on DLC maps. For example, if you just love Domination on Drive-In, please express as:

Drive In; Dom

The first must be a DLC map, but can be any DLC from any of the 3 packs released so far, and it does not have to be all of them. If you are not a fan of CTF on Kowloon, then just don't include it in your list. It's not a problem.

=====DLC Hardcore Moshpit=====

For your Hardcore fans, the same as above only using hardcore game mode variants.

In your opinion, what are the best playing hardcore game modes using only DLC map variants. Just like the above, please express as a map and game mode combination. For example:

Kowloon; Hardcore SD

For these DLC moshpits, I really want the fan favorite combinations of maps and game modes.

I am also making changes to the Competition playlists, as well as the Hardcore category of playlists.

I am going to sticky the thread for 3 days and then lock it at the end of the week. We have to do this stuff far ahead of when you actually get to see it.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

thank god they are  considering putting express tdm back in. i hated sitting in a lobby forever trying to get a match started. i would rebuy the game just for express nuketown tdm and dem

Nice find!!!!

They need to give us Hardcore Mode gamers the same playlists that they give the Core Mode gamers.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

They need to give us Hardcore Mode gamers the same playlists that they give the Core Mode gamers.

[/quote]

Read my response to that thread and see if you have anything to add.

Most importantly ..... just add something ........ anything ........ showing hc players exist and want choices. If we dont voice our opinions now, its hard to tell what they may take away to add something new.

We need to show our numbers, and that we deserve choices.

^^I will join this band of HC rebels.......sometimes I just want to run with the flag.    

No offense to the HC players out there, but there just aren't enough of you out there to warrant the same playlists as core players.  Im just impressed that Treyarch is using fan feedback to plan their playlists.

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

No offense to the HC players out there, but there just aren't enough of you out there to warrant the same playlists as core players.  Im just impressed that Treyarch is using fan feedback to plan their playlists.

[/quote]

Why would there be ?

Give us hc players 20 game modes and core players 5 and see how quickly the numbers would change.

I don't think they would to be honest.  Alot of people play CoD because of the fast paced action.  HC doesn't offer that very often.  Most of the time when I play HC half the players are camping.  Now if people played HC as fast as people play core then maybe.  This is just my opinion, but I think its shared by many.

I think some mistake fast paced for lots of bullets .......... hc can have just as much action without being so wasteful.

But seriously .... its difficult for anyone to jump froma hc match to a core match or vice versa. So someone who like to jump around from one game type to another is going to stick to the mode with the most choices. I'm sure there are plenty of people who prefer strategy over speed, but play core simply because of the variety available.

[quote user="Operator1"]

=====Express=====

30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No Second Chance allowed.

[/quote]

I would love a playlist that just has Ghost and Second Chance banned.

But then those lobbies would be empty because a gross majority of the players abuse one or both of those perks.