New 720 Rumor: 16-Core CPU

Link: IGN

I don't know about some of you, but if this is true, it tells me a lot more things running in the background. If other rumors ring true, such as the "no used games," this makes a lot of sense. The running theory is that when bought new, the new 720/PS4 game will have a code to "tag" it as a piece of DLC, letting the user play it maybe without the original disc. If this content is accessable on the fly, more cores would be a necessity to run more programs, games and apps in the background. This could mean the new evolution of the Dashboard or the PlayStation's Xross Media Bar. With fewer loading in between everything and more accessability at the touch of the guide button, there might not be a need to have to be restricted to the main menu. It can all just be pre-loaded or running in the background at the same time.

On a side note, I heard someone mention this would be unlikely because of the pricing. The CPU and graphics card(s) the 720 is modeled after are priced together supposedly at "half a grand." Well... wasn't the PS3 exactly that much when it first came out? And the 360 Elite bundles just under that??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

720 is modeled after are priced together supposedly at "half a grand." 

[/quote]

$_$

Ouch! Yea, I think me and my 360 shall remain good friends unil that price drops! Jeeze haha.

PS3 has like 8 cores or something.  But what they don't tell you is the difference between floating and interger cores.  From what I heard half the time some of the cores in the PS3 don't even get used b/c the way games use those cores.

So don't believe everything they tell you.  Or they are telling you the truth....just not the important details.

^^

dont forget about apps. not just games.

16 cores who cares the Next Gen Xbox will all be about Kinect and Entertainment.

Rumours are boring

@Alchemist Don, maybe but there is always some truth in Rumours! SO take it or leave it

Like the rumour that this was the xbox 360

[quote user="GERMIN4T0R"]

16 cores who cares the Next Gen Xbox will all be about Kinect and Entertainment.

[/quote]Outside of what people say,  I BELIEVE IT

I read that out of those 16 cores 4 of them will be dedicated to the Kinect.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Kinect, why cant they just stop already.