Never unlocked "Beta Tester" medal

I played in the Gears of War 3 Beta for weeks while it was open, yet I still don't have the Beta Tester medal.

I was recently on the phone with a representative, who told me that the medal may never be recoverable. Does anyone know any information on how I can redeem the awards I rightfully earned?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Far as i know, they could only help you earn the bonus' like the flaming sets.

-

Im sorry, well. You never know.

Do you still have the beta save on your HDD? If you still have it you should be able to get it.But if that save isnt there you wont.

I don't, I changed my xbox out for the Gears 3 xbox ... turns out that EPIC didn't take into account the effects of their own marketing.

thats some major bs Malakai. sorry bout your luck bro.

go back to your old xbox and start up the game. Recover you gamertag. Then from there it will load up and read your game history. After you get in to the main menu go and see if the medal is there.  If so then all you have to do is go back to your new xbox recover your GT and then pop the game back in and start it up and it should be there. If not call Xbox support and tell them what is going on. I had a friend who didn't have his and he called support and they were able to get it for him.

[quote user="xl Malakai lx"]

I don't, I changed my xbox out for the Gears 3 xbox ... turns out that EPIC didn't take into account the effects of their own marketing.

[/quote]

Transfer the data from one xbox to the other. It's not hard. I got the Gears xbox too, and haven't had that problem. I transferred all the data and licenses from one to the other.

while i like GoW3 they do have quite a few issues that haven't been resolved which sucks for people who played in Beta, i    

didn't play in beta and haven't loss anything yet.

The thing is, I sold my old xbox to buy the Gears 3 one from GameStop. I actually went back twice that day to transfer data to a flash drive so I could move it to the new one, but I figured that EPIC had a better way of organizing who played in the Beta and how much they played. But that's alright, I left a message on EPIC's voicemail. I'll never hear back :)

Proof that it's noboby's fault but your own. Can people stop complaining about this now please?

... So did you read this thread or not? This was established, but I explained how I bought their Gears 3 limited edition xbox yet was unable to access the features from the beta. I know I won't get the medal from the answers above, but my point is that they needed a better way to confirm or deny who played the beta and who didn't, especially for the people interested in their new product.