Never trust people like me...

And by that I mean us retail employees. Most of us espicially at my place of employment (Walmart) are given a bonus every quarter based on how your store does. Well that means If you ask my opinion that means I am going to be pushing the more expensive product. You can't decide which TV you want I'll point you towards the more expensive one. Can't decide wether to buy the 4gb xbox console and the 250gb WITH kinect guess which one I'm going to push. So when your looking for gaming needs do your own research otherwise someone like me is going to push the more expensive product wether or not you need it. Some of us are actually smart enough to give you actual facts behind why we want you to bye the more expensive product which just means its more likely going to work. So the next time you need a new xbox or a game remember I will be pushing the more expensive xbox or the collectors editions of games because I'm in it for the money.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Interesting Thread with interesting points of view. Personally, if someone at any one store ever referred me to another location (online or not), I would see that as excellent Customer Service. Why? Because if they were so honest in helping me get the "best" deal available, I would be much more inclined to return to that store again for my next purchase.

This being said though, 9 out of 10 times I am aware of much more of any one particular Product in than any Wal-mart employee. On more then one occasion, I've been in a Wal-mart buying something for myself (as a Consumer) when I over hear a conversation with another Consumer/ Customer and a Wal-mart employee where they are absolutely clueless in regards to that Product. I would step in and explain to the other other person (Consumer to Consumer) what the "bottom line" is.

[/quote]

I agree.  If an employee says I should check elsewhere for something, I see that as excellent customer service.  I would see that as them looking out for me and telling me where I could get it cheaper, rather then making it seem like that place is the only place to get it or whatever so they can make a profit.

With all things its always best to go into the situation already having done your research so that you get exactly what you want and avoid getting ripped off or hassled.

Most places do this.. Rarely is the employee look out for customers. Game Stop is one of the "worst". I mean, I love Game Stop and heck, I'd even work there if I had the opportunity, but they are some pushy vultures.

I believe that if the employee doesn't get a certain amount of customers to sign up for something, then they lose their job. At least that's what I've been told. Luckily, the guys at my Game Stop know that I know more about video games than they do and they see me too often to try that on me anymore. You won't really get "cheated" if you know what you're doing to begin with. If you don't know much about games and you're beginning to get into them, then yeah, you may want to do your research before purchasing anything. ESPECIALLY if you want to buy something used.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

Funny, because I was at Wally-World a couple of weeks ago with my Brother-in-law, who was looking for a 360 with Kinect for my Niece & Nephew. When he asked the salesman in electronics to unlock the case, the salesman told him he should try E-bay or Amazon.

[/quote]

WOW!!!!!!

What an idiot... But hes right though. You can def find some great deals on the web. I always look online first before going to the store and paying full price. Alot of these salesmen are young kids and they dont know how, or dont have permission to haggle. Yeah ill pay 2 grand for that tv, full price, but you have to throw in a free PS3. How about a new laptop then......

To buy a major electronics from Wal Mart?   NEVER.

TV's, for example. If Wally World / Zellers / SuperStore offer a Tv line up, I know I can go to Future Shop/Best BUY/ Visions to buy a "higher" end TV for pretty close tom the same money.

Saving $200 by buying at WM isnt worth my time.

IMO, if you are trying to nickle and dime on major electronics, you probly shouldnt be buying it to begin with.(IMO)

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

OMG, the world is about to end... I agree & have something in common with LostKauz!!!

[/quote]

lol it's bound to happen sometimes, we are after all both human.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

When I worked at Wal-Mart if a customer approached me about an item or service and I didn't know anything or very little about it I would tell them that and that I would find out for them from someone else, usually a manager. Most times that would be sufficient. Some times not. But you can't please everyone all the time.

[/quote]

This approach I have no problem with and even respect. It's nothing more refreshing having someone in a position say, "I'm not sure but I'll get someone who can answer". It's when they sit there and spout bogus information which in turn leads a poorly informed Consumer (in the first place) even less educated on the Product or Service they purchased. Then in turn, they come here and complain about Xbox this and Xbox that (or anywhere for that matter).

Well, I think my tirade is over on this now

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Snip-

[/quote]

Generally a lot of people hired into retail usually don't know jack about the products they're assigned to sell.

There's no real training so the employee is left to figure it out own his or her own and often times that leaves them in sticky spots.

[/quote]

Granted and I assumed as much. I don't particular see a Manager/ Supervisor teaching a line employee what an Xbox 360 is and all of it's Features. Even given this, I've seen "long time" Wal-mart employees month after after month and even up to years still not knowing jack about anything they "sell". I just find it a little lazy from their end.

[/quote]

I agree with this to a degree. While it is up to the employer to train its employees about the products and services they sell/offer if the employee has worked there for more than three months and they still don't know about the products/services then maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place. It is up to the employee to ask for additional training or do as I did and do my own research about the products/services.

And yes, I have gone into stores, even other Wal-Mart ones, where I overhear or experience first hand that the employee has no idea what he/she was talking about. When I worked at Wal-Mart if a customer approached me about an item or service and I didn't know anything or very little about it I would tell them that and that I would find out for them from someone else, usually a manager. Most times that would be sufficient. Some times not. But you can't please everyone all the time.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Interesting Thread with interesting points of view. Personally, if someone at any one store ever referred me to another location (online or not), I would see that as excellent Customer Service. Why? Because if they were so honest in helping me get the "best" deal available, I would be much more inclined to return to that store again for my next purchase.

This being said though, 9 out of 10 times I am aware of much more of any one particular Product in than any Wal-mart employee. On more then one occasion, I've been in a Wal-mart buying something for myself (as a Consumer) when I over hear a conversation with another Consumer/ Customer and a Wal-mart employee where they are absolutely clueless in regards to that Product. I would step in and explain to the other other person (Consumer to Consumer) what the "bottom line" is.

[/quote]

OMG, the world is about to end... I agree & have something in common with LostKauz!!!

Like I stated previously, I consider honesty, even when it isn't good business for the particular merchant, to be the best customer service I could expect. Even though I don't regularly shop at Wally-World (except when they have exclusives), I have had the same thing happen to me, where I've overheard a salesperson who obviously knows nothing about the products he/she is selling, attempting tp inform an even less informed consumer. I have absolutely zero problem butting in and telling the other customer what the real story is. I've had this happen at Wally-World, (especially) Best Buy & Circuit City.

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Snip-

[/quote]

Generally a lot of people hired into retail usually don't know jack about the products they're assigned to sell.

There's no real training so the employee is left to figure it out own his or her own and often times that leaves them in sticky spots.

[/quote]

Granted and I assumed as much. I don't particular see a Manager/ Supervisor teaching a line employee what an Xbox 360 is and all of it's Features. Even given this, I've seen "long time" Wal-mart employees month after after month and even up to years still not knowing jack about anything they "sell". I just find it a little lazy from their end.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[/quote]