Never played Oblivion?

I've never played any other elder scrolls game. Yet I am buying Skyrim.

Should I try out Oblvion first? I hear it's pretty good, but it's old.

Old games I've played are usually bad...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's not that old and yes,you should try Oblivion. You can rent it or buy it. Oblivion is a great and I promise you'll love it. Just don't rush the game.

Oh, also if you can you should try Morrowind but it is harder than Oblivion and is a old game. Still great though.

I´m going to play the Oblivion before Skyrim is released so I can learn the controls and story. (I have never played RPG games but when I saw the Skyrim gameplay video, BOOM! I´m IN!!!)

Play Morrowind instead. Far superior title

Even if you aren't going to play the older ES games, head to the wiki and read up on the lore, it's fantastic.  It'll help you understand the world of Tamriel, too

Yeah, play Morrowind. It's the best game I've ever played.

if you've never played oblivion, which is a shame, then you should definitely pick up either the goty or the anniversary edition coming out. i'm pretty sure you can easily find a bundle pack with oblivion and bioshock, another must have if you don't already, for $20-40.

[quote user="Vezon009"]

It's not that old and yes,you should try Oblivion. You can rent it or buy it. Oblivion is a great and I promise you'll love it. Just don't rush the game.

[/quote]

I think he's going to have to if he wants to make the 11-11-11 deadline. I put in at least 200 hours and that's without the DLC.

Oblivion is probably the best game I've played so far.  The only game I can see beating it, is Skyrim.

It's a good game. Worth a playthrough for sure.

My only complaints are in regard to the glitches (which screwed me out of a cheevo), and the "all knowing" guards who can see invisible people steal through walls.