Never Ending Green Screen on launch of XBOX app on Windows 10... help?

I'm not able to launch the Windows 10 XBOX app on my computer to play my XBOX One games. It was working perfectly this morning. I went to try to launch the app, it shows the version number at the top right of the screen, disappears and just displays a green screen forever inside the app. I shut it down and tried again and same thing. I've restarted my computer and it still didn't fix the issue. Anyone else know the remedy to fix this issue or experienced it before? I have the latest updates for Windows 10. I've included some screenshots below to help assist. Thanks!

Version appears at top right corner for 1 second then disappears: http://i.imgur.com/v4bvbjm.jpg

Green screen shows the entire time until I close out of the app: http://i.imgur.com/G4RxDin.jpg

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2018 Views 482 Applies to:
Answer

hej, I did have this issues also and there were issues with removing this app :(. After several times I re-login as a admin and I added a new profile.

Admin profile is hidden in windows 10 so before do it you have to unhide it.

1. uninstall xbox  & reinstall again ( available from market )

2. login admin profile.

3. remove your old profile, create a new one.

backup your app data and user folder first ( to restore eg steam or game saves )

Today I do not have any issues with a new profile , xbox app can start streaming. the only one issue that I have I cannot power on xbox console but I think this is another problem with windows and xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hello there VipeNess! I got the same exact problem you are having and my best suggestion is for you to contact support. If you already have done that however and feel like you want to try something else, here is something I was able to do and it worked for me. Please note I have the same issue and version number of your Xbox App. Just a disclaimer though this is a pretty advance step and would require windows power shell. If you are not confident or familiar with coding please consult someone who does or have MS or Xbox support assist you.

Note:

1. Before doing anything, consider creating a manual Restore Point so that you can roll back if anything bad happens.
  2. Although you can remove almost all of the preinstalled apps, some mandatory apps like Cortana, Edge browser, Contact support, Feedback, etc. cannot be removed.

Here are the steps:

1. Make sure to close your Xbox App.

2. Press your Window Key + R. Then Type PowerShell and hit Enter.

3. Once you see Power Shell Interface: Copy and paste or Type: Get-AppxPackage *xbox*

4. After you hit Enter you will find a load of stuff Show up. Ignore fore now. The previous step/command tries to re-download or resync your Xbox App.

5. Try to Re-launch the Xbox App see if it now resynchronizes and works.

IF YES: Close the Power shell and your all good.

IF NOT: Proceed with Step no. 6.

6. Exit the Xbox App. Then Go back to Powershell to copy and paste this command to uninstall the Xbox App (If you have no coding experience, I would highly suggest copy and pasting the commands): Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

7. Press your Windows key and you will find that the Xbox App tile is no longer there. However you may still find the Xbox App on your Most Used app just a little to the left. Since you already have downloaded a copy of the app previously you should be able to click and launch that tile to see if the App can now synchronize your profile.

Note: You might be asked to sign back in. In my case it was automatic.

Please let us know if it works or if you have further questions as I have worked with fellow ambassadors in trying to figure this one out.

Kindly give us Like on the Thumbs up Icon below if this works for you.

Special thanks for the help of WPAK and EvilManicBoss

Sources (If you wish for some pictures on how to go about this):

https://www.maketecheasier.com/uninstall-pre-installed-apps-windows-10/

Blaze

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.