Networking Question

First off let me start off by saying that I have my Xbox set up wireless and I am a good 60 feet from my router, but I have it hooked up to LINKSYS WET610N wireless range extender http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124338. My upload speed is 6.31 MBPS and my ping is 15ms speedtest.net/result/1686896443.png.Whenever I play alone I have a constant 4 bar, but the minute I play with someone else I usually have a 50% chance of dropping to a 3 bar. Can someone explain to me why this is?  How does being in a party affect my connectivity?  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ping of 15ms doesn't mean anything since it'll change every lobby you're in.

Other than that.... the difference between 3 and 4 bars is pretty minimal, in my opinion, so I might just leave it to someone else to come in.

If you are in a party, you are put into a match that suits your whole party .. thus less of a chance to get into a good one.

Secondly ...... if even one person in your party has a strict or moderate nat, it will cut your choices of lobbies even more.

Its no doubt eaier to put 1 person in a good lobby than 4 or 5 collectively.

If you can, get a 60 foot network cable! I don't trust wifi for gaming one bit.

" If you are in a party, you are put into a match that suits your whole party .. thus less of a chance to get into a good one".

Can you confirm this? I haven't heard it but it would be interesting to know for certain.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

" If you are in a party, you are put into a match that suits your whole party .. thus less of a chance to get into a good one".

Can you confirm this? I haven't heard it but it would be interesting to know for certain.

[/quote]

I dont mean the party as a whole ....... sorry for the misunderstanding. I just mean that a handfull of individuals together are not like ly to have the chance of getting matched to a good lobby as one single person.

A great lobby for you, might be a horrible lobby for one of your party . so it would pass on the one that was good for you and maybe pick one tat is mediocre for all of you.

Oh, yeah, right, right. That's cool, I understand that. I was wondering whether the game would take note of where everyone was from and try to find as fair a game as possible.

No worries man : )

yeah I notice too that I am put in a better lobby when I am playing by myself rather than with my buddies