Network Issues

Whenever I try to join someone's party or game, I can never connect.

My NAT is Open, I have checked dozens of times. When I try to join a party, it sits for about 20 seconds then says, "Can't connect to Xbox Live party"

When I try to join a game, on Modern Warfare 2 it says, "Joining Game session attempt #1" then in about 10 seconds it says, "Joining Game session attempt #2" then it says, "Unable to connect, no game host found" or something like that. Then on Black Ops, it says "Unable to join because the server you tried to join does not exist"

Can anybody help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I dont know an exact fix for the cant join party issue, but one thing Ive learned to do is create a party and set the invites to public so that way my friends can just hop in without an invite.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi!

Those specific errors would suggest possibly the issue lies with those titles' matchmaking servers (i.e. Activision) , and not your own network connection.

To be sure, you could see if you get similar problems on a non-Activision game. If the problem only seems to be those two games, it is probably not a hardware issue at your end, more likely an issue with the games or with EA's online services.  You may find it helpful to visit the Modern Warfare/Activision forums for those games to see if it is a common problem, or if there is a known solution. 

HOWEVER...if you get similar problems on everything you try including non-Activision titles, then it might be worth clearing your system cache. If that makes no difference and if you have any DLC for those titles try deleting and re-downloading the DLC. 

To clear your cache, go to System>Memory and on the Storage Devices screen press highlight the hard drive and press "Y" for "Device Options" and choose "Clear System Cache"

To delete DLC, go to System>Memory>choose your hard drive>Games>choose the game> select the DLC's off the list>Delete. To redownload the DLC, here is a handy dandy guide: How to re-download Marketplace content

If none of this helps, come on back here and we'll have to rack our brains for some other solution :)

*Edited to change "EA" to "Activision". Oops LOL!

Sorry this didn't help.

Left one "EA" in there, apologies. I meant "Activision". It's been a long day ;)

Sorry this didn't help.