Netflix is a bit jumpy on Xbox One.

By jumpy I mean that while watching Breaking Bad tonight, there is noticeable slight skipping as the episode progressed.  I know it is not the wireless signal, it replaced a PS3 in the same location that never had problems streaming Netflix.  Anyone else having this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Myself and quite a few others have the same issue, I have contacted MS Support and apparently it's an issue on Netflix' end. It's almost like the Xbox One can't handle the app.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My Netflix playback is a bit jumpy/choppy as well.  I think it may be Microsoft covering their tracks saying it's on Netflix's end as I've found the entire system to be a bit buggy and "dropping frames" throughout everything on the system (games, apps, and the user interface).

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not just netflix this happens on Hulu+ and xbox video as well. This has only happened on streaming apps for me not on games or user interface like person above stated.

Sorry this didn't help.

I suppose I shouldn't by default include games since they naturally drop frames anyways, but I simply mentioned it because I have noticed it in some cutscenes and such.  As for the user interface it's only been while a game is running, so that could be why too.

Anyways, back on topic, these are the apps I've seen "choppy playback" issues with: Netflix, Amazon Video, and ESPN (So basically, every video streaming service I've tried).

Sorry this didn't help.