Netflix adding games rental

[quote]Co-founder and CEO Reed Hastings explained the move on the Netflix blog. According to Reed, the company's DVD by mail and online streaming businesses are growing more and more apart as online streaming matures. That's why the physical component of the business is now being rebranded Qwikster. The iconic red envelopes will remain the same (though they'll have a new logo), as will the current pricing structure. In addition, subscribers will be able to rent Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 games at no extra cost. Netflix and Qwikster will have separate websites, and users will manage streaming and DVD by mail queues independently. While that sounds like a bit of a hassle, Hastings says that customers are basically already doing that under the current system.[/quote]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/09/19/netflix-splitting-business-adding-game-rentals.aspx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yea I got an email from them. Still don't think that I will give them my business. Its still a sham just to try and get everyone that left back. If they want me to return they better actually make it worth while like it use too be.

I'm actually alittle happy now. I didn't quit netflix when they raised the prices. I was pissed but I need my movies so I just kept the DVDs in mail.

But I live 45minutes from a Netflix distribution center so I get my movies In a day and If I get the games at the same rate and doesn't take 8months to get new games and another 6 months in the mail like Gamefly I will be trying it out.

The letter they sent out was a joke. He said he was sorry for the lack of explanation of the price increase. What they don't seem to mention is no one cares why the price is increasing. No one even cares that they are splitting the services up now by name. They only care that the prices were increasing. I cancelled my subscription when they did the increase because I didn't watch that many movies to begin with so it wasn't worth it anymore for me.

I canceled when they split the streaming and mailing services. Then I just got the streaming one. But games? Looks like I'll have to cancel Gamefly.

Redbox for me ;)

If their game rental plans include instant streaming to the Xbox for tv and movies, I will immediately cancel my Gamefly account - - depending on what their prices are like.

[quote user="Th3 Tater"]

Redbox for me ;)

[/quote]

Netflix is much better than Redbox. 1.50 a day Blu-Rays really add up not to mention the selection is horrible.

[quote user="Lambo64000"]

I'm actually alittle happy now. I didn't quit netflix when they raised the prices. I was pissed but I need my movies so I just kept the DVDs in mail.

But I live 45minutes from a Netflix distribution center so I get my movies In a day and If I get the games at the same rate and doesn't take 8months to get new games and another 6 months in the mail like Gamefly I will be trying it out.

[/quote] I really hope it would be better than Gamefly. I tried that for a month and immediately cancelled. It took forever to get new games meaning you either had to wait and pay for nothing half the month or move onto something else hoping your game is available when you return it. The thing I really like about Nexflix is, they will not make you wait. In the rare occasion that the do not have what you want, they will send you the next disc in your queue as well as what you originally wanted as soon as it is available even if they have to get it from another facility.

Yeah, but no 3DS or PSP games to rent, that's not going to pan out well. They need to add that.

Netflix didn't add anything. They separated in to two different services. Netflix now only does streaming. And the new disc rental service Quickster, does movies and games. If you want streaming and discs, you have to have an account for each service. And since I already have two accounts to handle my game rentals and movie streaming, there is no need to change anything.