Need some game suggestions

I have Gears of War 3 and I'm looking for another game like this that has online co-op, co-modes and has an active community.  Any ideas?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1. Mass Effect 3*
  2. Battlefield 3*
  3. Assasins Creed II
  4. Halo Reach*
  5. Spec Op's: The Line
  6. Red Dead Redemption*
  7. Skyrim
  8. Fallout 3
  9. Gears of War*
  10. Gears of War 2*

Those are the games that I think you will enjoy if you enjoy Gears of War 3

* Has online co-op or multiplayer

[quote user="Marwood II 87"]

1. Mass Effect 3*
  2. Battlefield 3*
  3. Assasins Creed II
  4. Halo Reach*
  6. Red Dead Redemption*
  7. Skyrim
  8. Fallout 3
  9. Gears of War*
  10. Gears of War 2*

[/quote]Skyrim? Fallout 3? Assassin's Creed? Really? How do those match with Gears 3?

Ok Mass Effect 3 has an online Co-op Horde mode only no Co-op Campaign

Halo Reach, Possibly it's first person not third person though and I don't know why but that makes a difference to some people, If you like Reach you would also like Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST

Army of Two has Online co-op but the MP servers have been shut down

Army of Two the 40th day is still going and has online co-op Vs MP and a Survival Horde mode

GRAW 1 and 2, and GRFS are all Co-op Campaign (seperate in GRAW 1 and 2) and MP and have AI Hunting modes.

R6V 1 and 2 is FPS and has full co-op campaign, as well as MP and Terrorist hunt modes.

ghost recon future soldier is the game you are looking for! one thing that does suck it doesn't have matchmaking for co-op, I don't understand why they left out matchmaking for co-op.

People shouldn't need matchmaking for co-op.

Yeah every game should have matchmaking for co-op! Maybe I just got spoiled from playing halo and vegas 2 but I believe every game that has co-op and online play should have a matchmaking system! for one because if your friends don't play that game. also I shouldn't have to go out of my way to come on the forums to add tons of randomly people I don't know to my friendslist just to be able to play maybe one match with them and never play again with them. co-op matchmaking should be in  all games that has online co-op......

I miss the time when someone was looking for a good game to play because they wanted to play a good game. And suggestions were welcomed, not having to be specific of multiplayer.

[quote user="HASHxBROWNS"]

Yeah every game should have matchmaking for co-op! Maybe I just got spoiled from playing halo and vegas 2 but I believe every game that has co-op and online play should have a matchmaking system! for one because if your friends don't play that game. also I shouldn't have to go out of my way to come on the forums to add tons of randomly people I don't know to my friendslist just to be able to play maybe one match with them and never play again with them. co-op matchmaking should be in  all games that has online co-op......

[/quote]Halo 3 and Vegas 2 didn't have Campaign co-op matchmaking. And no games shouldn't need matchmaking for co-op. Not being able to find enough friends to play a co-op game with is not the fault of the game.

nah, some times friends like different games, all games should have a server browser though like vegas.. who needs match making when you can see every game world wide that is going on then pick the one you want.

[quote user="HASHxBROWNS"]

ghost recon future soldier is the game you are looking for! one thing that does suck it doesn't have matchmaking for co-op, I don't understand why they left out matchmaking for co-op.

[/quote]

As intended by design. I understand their motives for not having co-op matchmaking, but really, there are so many more reason to just have it.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[quote user="Marwood II 87"]

1. Mass Effect 3*
  2. Battlefield 3*
  3. Assasins Creed II
  4. Halo Reach*
  6. Red Dead Redemption*
  7. Skyrim
  8. Fallout 3
  9. Gears of War*
  10. Gears of War 2*

[/quote]Skyrim? Fallout 3? Assassin's Creed? Really? How do those match with Gears 3?

Ok Mass Effect 3 has an online Co-op Horde mode only no Co-op Campaign

Halo Reach, Possibly it's first person not third person though and I don't know why but that makes a difference to some people, If you like Reach you would also like Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST

Army of Two has Online co-op but the MP servers have been shut down

Army of Two the 40th day is still going and has online co-op Vs MP and a Survival Horde mode

GRAW 1 and 2, and GRFS are all Co-op Campaign (seperate in GRAW 1 and 2) and MP and have AI Hunting modes.

R6V 1 and 2 is FPS and has full co-op campaign, as well as MP and Terrorist hunt modes.

[/quote]

OP has already played all those.  Looks like he's already done a pretty good job of hitting all the major titles.  I was gonna suggest Borderlands, but he's played that too.

As for the OP, I see you've played Mass Effect 2 so depending on how you liked it you might want to give it a shot.  But as others have stated it doesn't have Campaign Co-op.

Also, while it is wildly different from Gears or most of the Co-op games discussed, Dead Rising 2 had a pretty good Co-Op and was a blast to play.