need proof on gamestop preorders status

i was lead to believe that you'll get the code on the receipt once you pick up the game at game stop  now im being told the code for nuketown is on the preorder receipt and itll download on your xbox on game night ? ( ill bet alot of preorder people are gonna be pissed )

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I didnt get a preorder reciept. Gamestop does everything on puter now. I guess in case people lose their reciepts. Dunno.

/facepalm. Do you believe everything you're told? The code will come with the game.

Yes the game should include a leaflet with your unique code  just like any other preorder. Ah I remember my first preorder.

[quote user="TheeClaaw"]

Yes the game should include a leaflet with your unique code  just like any other preorder. Ah I remember my first preorder.

[/quote] how would that work exactly ( i cant pickup my preorder til 8 am) different looking case? whats to stop a person who doesn't preorder from getting one that day ? and yes its my first non walmart preorder lol

@Rhino the first shipment of the game are ALL release copies meaning each one will contain the code. the pre-order deal is to GUARANTEE that you get a copy of the game and nuketown. Yes people that don't preorder might get lucky but after the launch shipment all copies will not contain the code

oh okay good - its my first  non walmart  preorder and the gamestop sales clerks were tilling me different when i asked them

/double facepalm. Believing GameStop clerks? My god, you are totally clueless. -_-

The reason they were telling you different things is because at first it was going to be printed on the receipt but I think Activision or Treyarch decided on having the codes on a leaflet in all launch units of the game. Of course these codes will ONLY be in the first production of the game aka launch units. I hope I helped clear that up and sorry if I confused you or anyone else for that matter.

[quote user="xDefySpace"]

/double facepalm. Believing GameStop clerks? My god, you are totally clueless. -_-

[/quote] lol give me a break its the first time i ever used gamestop

im sure theres other gamestop virgins out there that dont realize you dont need to know anything about games to be one

lol I'd call myself a Gamestop addict (nice word to use instead of risk getting in trouble) I used to work at Game Stop so I know a bit on their midnight release setup. for those who are new to the midnight release things are running differently for Black Ops 2. they will be finalizing payments are 6pm for all pre-orders. They will do 30 people at a time (different depending on your store) First 30 people or however many your store does at a time is group 1, next group of people are group 2. This number will be put on your receipt. At 11:30-11:50 (again depends on how your store is doing it) Will ask you to line up in groups of course group 1 is first then so on and so on. Anyone who did NOT pre-order will more than likely have to wait til all the people with pre-orders get their game before being able to get a copy. Of course some stores (yet again depends on how your store is doing things) will have people that did not pre-order come back in the morning during regular hours, some will do as i posted above have non pre-orders wait til all pre-order customers picked up their game.