Need help with USB downloading:)

Hi, I am trying to help my son download his gamer profile onto a usb, it is ready for xbox, & works fine downloading his brothers profile:/ (we erased his after) We even tried to redownload his profile.  So, the usb is working on all things but his, & when it gives the option to download to it, but then says "Can't perform action". What else is left to try?? All he wants is a new map or something & he says he needs his profile on the usb to then go get the map on the pc. HELP!  I need sleep;) lol

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Just wondering are you trying to move his profile to the USB with his profile signed in or not?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not sure why he'd need to put his profile on a USB to buy a map.

Sorry this didn't help.

If his profile is on the xbox already, you just have to insert the usb, go to the system, storage,profiles section, select his gamertag, select move and then select the USB. His profile will now be portable so he can use it on any xbox.

Now for downloading maps, all you have to do is log into his gamertag on the console, go to the market place and download which ever map pack he wants. These normally cost money but are sometimes free. You can buy Microsoft Points in store or through the dashboard with your Credit Card that is on file.

Now for the computer thing. You can log onto this website with his account, access the marketplace and buy the map pack too. This will add it to his download queue. Once in his queue, it will start to download instantly as soon as he signs onto his XBL account via his console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for all the answers. The issue is when we put the usb into the xbox, & try to move it there, it says can not perform action?? BUT, we can do the same thing & download all others profiles:/ We just need to know why is it that his profile will not go? He re-downloaded it to see if that helped & it did not. The reason he wants to put it on a usb is to go to the computer & get a map & then go back & use the map to play with friends?? lol I really do not understand how that works, but he says he has done it several time before:/ If his profile is signed in when he tries to move it it automatically logs him off. so I guess it's off:) lol & He says the reason he has to get the map on a usb on the pc is because it's a "Mine Craft" Map?? lol :)  We still can not get the usb to work with his profile:/  Any more ideas? Thanks for all your help!!! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't download Minecraft maps from the P.C. to use on the xbox.If he says he's done it before it's possible that he's been banned for using mods to do this.

Can he sign into live with his account?

Sorry this didn't help.

DId you prepare the USB Flash Drive first so it can be a Memory Unit? See http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive

Sorry this didn't help.