NEED HELP JUST STARTING CHALLENGES.

How do you even start the challenges (GUN RUNNERS) and/or find out what they are? THANX.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Go to the Notes section of your Pip Boy, where you listen to logs, read notes and so on.

Press Y, I believe, but at the top right of the Pip Boy it will tell you which button it is to enter the Challenges section.

Press X, I believe, to cycle through the Challenge Types (Kill, Damage, Other), and your thumbstick to scroll down through them.

Got it. Thanks.

How does this DLC work...like are the weapons marked on your map as a quest to find them or do you like jsut buy them, or you have to find them in random places?

[quote user="Judge Bergan"]

How does this DLC work...like are the weapons marked on your map as a quest to find them or do you like jsut buy them, or you have to find them in random places?

[/quote]

It was a little confusing at first, I thought I was going to need to talk to someone at the Gun Runners for a Quest. But no, it's simply Challenges (like use 10,000 Points of Stimpacks) in your Pip-Boy.

It simply gives specific request of kill "X" with "X" or "X" number of kills with a a specific Weapon/s (GRA). So far the two 10,000 Points Damage ones were really easy this late in the Game. For example, you need to get 10,000 Points of Damage Kills with a GRA Weapon, Deathclaws and Super Muties alone have about 800-1,000+ Hit Points. Kill about 15+ and both of those pop right away.

Answer =/= Quote.

Bergan, you have to buy the weapons, dude. Certain weapons are only available at the Gun Runner's, like the Bozar, but some (and some upgrades) can be found in one of a few places elsewhere.

Eg. Katana upgrades can be bought at Novac, The Silver Rush, or the Gun Runner's.

Some weapons can only be made, such as many of the new explosives (such as a Fat Mine), and those also require the new perk, the Mad Bomber.

Overall: They are just added to various shops' inventories.