NCAA Football 10

Is there a detailed tutorial or something that would help a newbie learn to play NCAA Football 10?

I am a basically new gamer.  I have a couple of shooter games that I learned (with some help).  I love college football and just purchased NCAA, but I'm having a hard time picking it up.  I've started with "Family Play", but even with that I haven't much of a clue on what's goin on in front of me.

I have, of course, the instructions/manual that came with the game, which is pretty vague for a beginner like me.  I also purchased the PRIMA Essential Playbook, but it's a little too advanced for me at this stage.  Is there an instruction book or an on-line tutorial somewhere for a person like me?

I'm anxious to learn the game and get NCAA 12 when it comes out.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I play a lot of Madden and that's pretty much the same game outside of the teams so maybe I can help. What's giving you the most problems?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Pretty much everything.  Exhibition play goes waaaay too fast for me at this stage.  I don't know how to control the offensive players other than running; haven't even got to the defense.  So obviously, I punt a lot.  And always lousy.  I can't figure out the kicking beyond aiming it.  Kicking isn't the biggest thing, but it would be a place to start.  What is the trick to getting a good kick?

"Family Play" is almost too simple with the AI and the A button doing everything.  But I enjoy it.  Maybe there a few controls to it that I'm unaware of (as opposed to the overwhelming amount of controls in exhibition).  One thing I don't like about it is that when playing defense, it doesn't give a view from the defender's perspective (the view is always behind the QB).  And I can't see the entire width of the field; I don't see players at each end.

I like the fact that it shows you where to go to, but I don't know what to do when I get there (how to tackle, block, etc.)

All of this is why I am looking for a step by step tutorial to learn the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

This was the best I could do - uk.guides.ign.com/.../56572

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks.  I've seen that before, and will utilize it once I get an understanding of the basic mechanics of the game.

Sorry this didn't help.