NAT-TYPE

Is there somebody who knows how i can change the NAT-TYPE from strict into open?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

heres a link with info on it.... support.microsoft.com/.../908874 black ops requires these ports forwarded:  3478-4380, 27000-27050. at least thats what i have my router setup for.

Port forwarding is not necessarily required if your router supports QoS (such as a D-Link DIR-655).

Per Portforwarding.com, Xbox Live 360 uses the following:

TCP Ports:  53, 80, 1863, 3074

UDP Ports:  53, 88, 1863, 3074

My bad - I looked at an old list (and these new and improved forums won't let me edit my post).   Black Ops ports are shown on portforward.com/cports.htm

TCP: 3074, 27014-27050

UDP: 3074, 3478-4380, 27000-27030

What I've usually done is go here: support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict.aspx (the official support page on the xbox.com website) and follow the instructions laid out. Black Ops may have its own ports to be opened like others have suggested, but opening the Xbox 360's own needed ports may easily fix the issue. Not opening the 360's needed ports while doing so for Black Ops ports may not solve the problem. Past the instructions I've linked to I have never had any more problems, and it has fixed the ones I have had. Good luck!

Depends on your router, some are really *** like mine and refuse to go Open.

You could also just turn on UPnP or DMZ your 360 depending on which one you want to do. Each of them will usually open your NAT without port forwarding.

you might want to set up a static ip as well

I don't forward any ports; I set them up as priority 1 to my Xbox's static IP address (using the QoS setup in my D-Link router).

I gotta get a new router, the xbox IP keeps changing and I have to forward ports to a different IP. Some days it's 100, other 101, 102. I'm running DHCP with 5 users. I heared I need the new UPnP. I haven't heard of this QoS.

Try to assign a static ip to your xbox. That way it won't change.

Like someone else suggested, after assigning a static ip to your xbox, you can put your xbox in the DMZ and not worry about any ports.

As for QoS, unless you have tinkered with it before, better leave it alone. If setup incorrectly, your other computers can become painfully slow.