n00b here!!

hi, just got this game after trading it in 2 hour played call of doo doo mw3.just curious if there is anyway to STOP or disable the auto prone when shooting opponents or getting hit?is this just me or game mechanism for all.kinda frustrating for a n00b like me.BTW loving the GAME and few tips and tricks would be great.thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

there is no auto prone, ur clicking the thumbstick inadvertantly, it happens

There is no auto prone when you are being shot, if Im understanding you correctly. You must be jamming your right stick or something.

-

As far as tips, my best advice is find what works for you and stick with it. Engineer is by far the best and most versatile kit in the game, so sticking with it for awhile is a good starting point. You get points for EVERYTHING you do in the game, so use your kit as intended. As an engineer, repair vehicles in fights... you can and will often be the deciding factor in a tank battle. SPOT SPOT SPOT everything. You get points when people kill what you spot, and it lets everyone on your team know where that person or vehicle is. Ditto for the other kits. As a medic, revive and toss out those med packs. You will get a ton of points from those actions. You get the same points for a revive as you get for a kill. As support, toss out those ammo packs. Ive had a squad mate get over 500 points just for restocking my ammo ONE time. As a recon, try and serve as a mobile spawn point, but dont sit 90890812390812338 miles from anything. Spot as much as you can, and if people are talking call stuff out.

-

Thats some basics for you. This game is ALL team work. Kills are not as important as CoD, so I wouldnt worry too much about your k/d. Ive seen guys with less than 5 kills sit at the top of the scoreboard for a match just doing things like what I described above. But, above all, PLAY THE OBJECTIVE!!! Have fun, welcome to Battlefield, and good luck!

Yeah,What they said above,I do it sometimes if i get too excited.lol

thanks HOOCH and which gametype gives u the most XP because im playing TDM because i know for sure that battlefield MUST and REQUIRES teamwork to win but i play solo in TDM.any quickway to unlock some good weapons and what are few good and steady weapons?this time im not gonna stop playing BF,just gonna keep playing and eventually learn to play well.thanks

I personally play Conquest almost exclusively. I typically average no less than 6000xp per match before all the ribbons and what not. However, Ive also heard that Rush is pretty good for XP if you prefer that. TDM is more about kills... you can unlock attachements for guns, but its not much for XP.

thanks will try the other game types tonight :)

Objective games are more fun as long as you and your team go for the objective and don't care so much for K/D.Don't worry bout it.

I would suggest finding a group to play with when playing the objective game types, makes it more fun and a single, efficient squad has the potential to turn the tide of a match.

[quote user="ORiiGiNal NiNja"]

hi, just got this game after trading it in 2 hour played call of doo doo mw3.just curious if there is anyway to STOP or disable the auto prone when shooting opponents or getting hit?is this just me or game mechanism for all.kinda frustrating for a n00b like me.BTW loving the GAME and few tips and tricks would be great.thanks

[/quote]

Tips for BF3

Here is a good video to watch to visualize what Hooch has said. It is from Battlefield Bad Company 2, so you will need to switch the tips for Assault and Support. Since they switch the med pack from support to assault and ammo pack from assault to support for this game. But pretty much everything else stayed the same.

Also, the recon class doesnt have any Anti-vehicle gear any more (C4) and better to burst with lmg's than to hold. Its a great video to give you an idea of BF but not accurate enough to be informative anymore. I would be great if the guy who did that video made a BF3 one also...