My Xbox360 Slim altering my copy of COD: Black Ops II

I would like to start off by saying that i have loved my Xbox for almost three years now. But, I do think that there should be a LOT more customer service. i have been searching the Xbox website, Googling, and Yahoo answering searching for about an hour now, and I have just come to the forums because I have nowhere else to go. Okay, into the issue. Last night I put my legally purchased and used copy of COD: Black Ops II into my horizontally placed Xbox360 Slim. After I pressed A to close the tray in the Xbox dashboard the Xbox started to make a sound like something i would imagine a dying cow would sound like. I immediately jumped up and unplugged the Xbox. Then, to get the disc out to inspect it, I plugged the power cord back in and opened the disc slot. when I took out the disc, there was, and still is, a circle about 1cm thick, going around the disc about 2cm inside the edge. That was not there before, and needless to say, I can't get the disc to work. And, my Xbox has been "acting up" by not turning on, not reading discs, holding the start up animation (for when you start up your Xbox) on the screen until I unplug my Xbox, making ungodly screeches when plugged in,  and not responding to my controller. I don't know what the policy is for my Xbox breaking a disc and making itself not work because of not being able to talk to anyone or even e-mail anyone so I haven't done anything more than unplug the console and plug it back in. And if whoever responds to this doesn't know how to help me, can you point me in the direction of customer service, please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi,

If you believe that your console has something wrong with it where it's doing this to a lot of your discs, not reading discs continuously, freezing then you may want to first start by clearing your system cache. If that doesn't work then you'd want to schedule a repair.

As far as your issue with your Black Ops 2 disc you'd need to reach out to Activision for any sort of disc replacement.

If you wish to reach out to customer service you can visit this page here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.