My XBOX ONE make me miss my Xbox 360

Dont get me wrong games are beautiful and some of the tech is great, but it lacking so much that my 360 had. Let me start with live TV, it freezes live tv, it blacks out some time, the picture is not as crisp ran thru it as to straight to tv. I on my third hdmi cable no difference. Kinect has the same problem as the last one if you ask me, You must speak proper english and pronounce thing perfect, but i have a country accent. I find myself screaming at it and still nothing sometimes. Games take along time to install,  you cant just jump into a game. By the time it installs most of the way I dont even want to play any more. I got the Day One Ed. on day one, and six games and now I wish I had of listened to the reviews that said wait until the work out all the kinks. I just feel like they may have rushed it to stores. Lacking alot of apps, surround support, I was a Playstation guy that came over when I bought my 360 and never look back. Maybe I should have just bought the PS4. Still holding on the hope that soon I will get my moneys worth out of this Xbox One. I put all that money into dressing my avatar and now no one can really see him, that blows. No backwards compatability, no 3-d Blu ray support, or 3-d gaming and I have a 3-d TV. I just use it for games now and nothing else, so thanks.

Your Truly,

A Disappointed Gamer

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 83 Applies to:

I can add to this :)  How about playing local and home network content and acting as a WMC extender.  It seems that the list of removed features is almost as long as the list for new stuff they added...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can play over the network to your xbox one but it must initialized on your pc using play to

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I am aware but rolling around with a dlna client on android phone or a windows pc to initiate an activity that the old box used to be able to do seems silly  (especially considering the marketing claims about the one box to rule them all) :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I too miss the steaming capabilities of the 360, I had 2TBs of movies on an external HDD directly connected to my 360 that was essential to my daily living. It seems a bit myopic to not have these features included in the Xbox One, or a [tin foil hat] conspiracy to get us to use Xbox Videos the way Sony and Apple try to push their services. My problem is that I only have a Mac at my house and from what I read so far the streaming only works with Windows PCs. The Xbox One was probably rushed out but that is no surprise, Sony & Nintendo did the same. I have faith in the Xbox team to add these functions in future updates and to improve on the overall functionality, they probably had a list of feature they wanted and had to cut some in order to make the launch date.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="mat112377"]

Dont get me wrong games are beautiful and some of the tech is great, but it lacking so much that my 360 had. Let me start with live TV, it freezes live tv, it blacks out some time, the picture is not as crisp ran thru it as to straight to tv. I on my third hdmi cable no difference.

[/quote]

Must say I agree with you here as I have had the exact same experience. There are some real shortcomings in what was supposed to be one of the main features of the XB1.  

[quote user="mat112377"]Kinect has the same problem as the last one if you ask me, You must speak proper english and pronounce thing perfect, but i have a country accent. I find myself screaming at it and still nothing sometimes. Games take along time to install,  you cant just jump into a game. By the time it installs most of the way I dont even want to play any more.

[/quote]

I have a west coast accent, pretty generic, and I have a lot of trouble with voice commands.  I would say that my success rate is only 50-50 which is pretty poor.  Much work needs to be done before this feature is up to a usable level.

It is a pain to wait for the installs, but the games start up so quickly that it is worth it to me. Of course I'm not an intense gamer so I don't use that many games at the same time, maybe a dozen total as time goes by (currently four) but I certainly wouldn't be quite so happy if i filled up my drive without installing all of my games.  I'm sure there will be many who will have that experience.

[quote user="mat112377"]I got the Day One Ed. on day one, and six games and now I wish I had of listened to the reviews that said wait until the work out all the kinks. I just feel like they may have rushed it to stores. Lacking alot of apps, surround support, I was a Playstation guy that came over when I bought my 360 and never look back. Maybe I should have just bought the PS4. Still holding on the hope that soon I will get my moneys worth out of this Xbox One. I put all that money into dressing my avatar and now no one can really see him, that blows. No backwards compatability, no 3-d Blu ray support, or 3-d gaming and I have a 3-d TV. I just use it for games now and nothing else, so thanks.

[/quote]

The main thing I miss in the audio realm is the capability of using my A50 headset to its potential.  It is 'passible' using the electronics in the A50 transmitter to convert uncompressed stereo to a quasi surround sound, but it is not even in the same league as audio from the 360. This doesn't even address the fact that the voice chat on the XB1 utilizes a proprietary connector and an adapter isn't available yet.

My Logitech Z5500 speaker system utilizes the DTS output quite well, so those times where a headset isn't required do show the potential the system has.  Now if uSoft would get their act together and provide proper audio output choices...

I have used 3D on my 360, but never could get used to it.  The perspective of 3D games is just too radical for me.  This is a personal opinion as I know many do like to play in 3D mode.  So, again, I agree with you.  3D should be available.

I enjoy being on the 'bleeding edge' of technology--for a while--so I'm having great fun with the XB1.  However, if the problems that currently plague the XB1 system aren't addressed in the near future I won't be quite so reasonable and could even abandon the XB1 in favor of the PS4.  According to my son Sony hit a home run with the new PS4 controller.

[quote user="mat112377"]

Your Truly,

A Disappointed Gamer

[/quote]

From a less than thrilled but hopeful Gamer.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="The Fiddl3r"]

[quote user="mat112377"]

Dont get me wrong games are beautiful and some of the tech is great, but it lacking so much that my 360 had. Let me start with live TV, it freezes live tv, it blacks out some time, the picture is not as crisp ran thru it as to straight to tv. I on my third hdmi cable no difference.

[/quote]

Must say I agree with you here as I have had the exact same experience. There are some real shortcomings in what was supposed to be one of the main features of the XB1.  

<...>[/quote]

I have an update concerning the XB1 Live TV freezing.  Here is a copy of a post I made in a thread I started:

It appears as if I may have 'solved' my freezing problem and to a certain extent my picture quality problem.

I can't claim any superior reasoning in my solution.  Between testing Live TV and switching back to connecting my STB directly to the TV I became rather tired of the process required to switch the STB HDMI output to the Xbox One HDMI input so I ordered a one to two powered HDMI splitter from Amazon.  I figured that I could use one output for testing and the other to 'really' watch TV.

I connected the STB HDMI output to the input on the splitter, ran one output to the original TV HDMI (4) input for the STB and ran the other splitter output to the HDMI input on the Xbox One.  The Xbox One HDMI output goes through a 2 to 1 switch.  The other input to the switch is my Xbox 360.  The output of the switch goes to HDMI 3 on my TV.

Since I installed the 1 to 2 splitter I have had absolutely no problems with the TV signal.  I know that I've only been at it ten hours or so, but in that time I haven't had a single freeze or even a minor hiccup and I couldn't go two minutes without a hiccup prior to installing the splitter.

My XTB is set to 720p, HDMI audio.

My settings on the Xbox One are:

• Troubleshooting->Surround Sound(Beta) is checked.
    • Optical audio is set to DTS Digital Surround.  This audio is routed to my Logitech 5500 speaker system via an optical switch. I do not use the HDMI audio from the XB1, but the XB1 HDMI audio is set to 5.1 uncompressed.
    • Power mode is set to Instant-on

If the failures start happening again I will again post to this thread.  If you don't see an update from me then the setup is still working well.

Sorry this didn't help.