My Xbox 360 scrath NFS Most Wanted DVD, HELP!

Hello All,

I'm having troubles with my new Xbox 360 buyed for christmas. Yesterday I try to play NFS Most Wanted but only shows presentation screen, then when loading to start to play says for eternity "Loading".

I remove disc from console thinking maybe is dirty... is perfectly clean,  but have a big circular scratch on disc.... In short words, my new NFS MW disc is dead.

Who pays my new disc? My Xbox is broken? I did will not try with other discs...

Why telephone / online Support is always unavailable?

Rgrs

Matias

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi it is very rare for a xbox 360 console to actually scratch a game disc, the console would have to be moved or on an uneven surface. But your best thing to do is to contact ea sports via their website, or the customer support number which is in the back of the manual. www.ea.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am sorry Iampro I do not believe this is a rare occurrence as to yesterday I just bought my third copy of bf3 due to this problem this has happened to me very many times with multiple games and multiple xbox models, and my xbox is on flat surface and hidden towards the back of my entertainment center.

so back to topic, matrix I feel for you this is a problem I get a lot as you just read, it can also happen when your xbox turns off unexpectedly which is what happened with my most recent late copy of bf3, there is not really any for sure way to prevent this or be reimbursed. but I can offer you a few steps to take to protect your self from suffering a loss when this occurs. the first and most for sure way for you to make sure you get another copy of a game when something happens to it is by acquiring a warranty on your disc. this usually cost about 3 dollars U.S on top of purchase price, when purchasing a game.

another thing you can try which does not always work, but can and will sometimes work is going to a computer store or game store or hobby store that offers a disc resurfacing which also normally cost about 3 dollar's U.S

you can try to buy a disc cleaner and scratch remover, which in my experience does not work, but I have heard others have success with these little devices. they normally cost 5-30 dollars U.S

you can buy a solution which can remove scratches but is not normal too work with deeper scratches, and is also really toxic so please if you try this be very careful and use caution. this solution usually cost 99 cents U.S to 2 dollars U.S and also in my experience does not work.

those options said please make sure your console is on a flat surface and your connections are always firmly plugged in. and if you are getting a game that you may be a really big fan of or are anticipating highly please get a warranty on the disk it is the most for sure way you can get a new copy without taking a loss.

-Listed

Sorry this didn't help.

p.s the circle shaped scratch happens because the disc drops into the tray while it is spinning, also try downloading your favorite games when you first get them this will reduce wear on your disc drive and also help to play games that do become scratched being it will be able to play off the memory of the discs content.

Sorry this didn't help.