My Xbox 360 left a circular ring on my disk!

I went to go play my Fable III disk yesterday and I start up the game and it works fine up until I try to start a new game and it says the usual: "Who is the Hero of this tale?" but no sound comes out and the game stops working and a pop-up says: "This disk is unreadable." I took out the game and upon looking on the shiny part of the disk there's a massive ring in my Fable III disk from my console. It wasn't there before so it's from my Xbox 360 but I'm not apt to go out and spend yet another 45-50 dollars to buy a new one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

well to let you know, the same thing happened to my copy of the orange box, and now i cant play half life 2 episode 2. to prevent this from happening again make sure ur Xbox is set flat on the ground and not standing up. (easier to tip or to scratch the disk even on a flat surface if its standing up)

you could probably get the disk cleaned at a video rental store or gamestop, (both may have a disk cleaner that peels away a layer that makes it so the game has no scratches on it)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you recently receive a new console? The first console I ever received had an issue where it scratched every single game that was inserted in the console.  Also, is this the first time that the console scratched one of your games?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.