My Uverse remote will not control my Denon AVR-2112ci volume

After installing the XBOX One my Uverse remote no longer controls my receiver volume.  When I volume up or down it appears to be controlling the XBOX volume rather than my receiver making no change to the outputted volume.  Also, when I select Mute the XBOX screen freezes rather than muting the receiver.  My Receiver Remote still works for volume but it is an inconvenience to again have to use more that one remote.  My Smart Glass and voice commands also work for the volume and mute.

Cable Box:  Uverse

Receiver: Denon AVR-2112ci

Thank you for any suggested fixes to the issue I am experencing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

It sounds to me like something is physically blocking, rather than an issue with a code-set. Did you change from RF to IR? Sounds like a very odd issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately there is nothing blocking it.  My Uverse remote will control the XBox volume but not receiver.  The following is a link to a similar situation:  www.avsforum.com/.../xbox-one-snap-tv-game-volume-control-issues

Smart Glass and all of my other remotes control the receiver volume without issue.  The only thing I can think of is a bad remote code but I cannot find the code for my receiver to manually input to Xbox.

At a lost and frustrated not being able to use my Uverse remote for volume.

Sorry this didn't help.

I assume you are Juiced46 on AVS. If so there are some interesting things to note. The Uverse remote is controlling the volume on the TV, from the sound of it. I think this because the Xbox does not receive incoming IR codes. It only sends out IR codes. So, in essence the Uverse remote is still controlling the volume of the TV instead of the Denon. SmartGlass works though telling the Xbox to send the signal to turn the volume up or down. So boiling this down from what info I have:

1. Does the Xbox One work via voice commands to turn the volume up/down on Denon?

2. Does SmartGlass work to turn the volume up/down on the Denon?

-The Uverse not working after hooking up the Xbox One makes no mechanical sense to me as the functions have nothing in common. The only thing that would make that change is physical blocking of the Denon's IR port (although I don't know offhand what the Uverse remote is supposed to control via additional hardware.

3. Is it safe to assume the Uverse remote is factory stock or is it an aftermarket (like Harmony)?

Let me know PlaidLeaf981. Sorry for the millions of question. -Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the note. I'm not juiced46 on AVS.  My Uverse remote controlled my Denon on volume without issue prior to the xbox.  It is now not controlling the TV volume but a volume on the xbox and it is in a small black box in the right upper corner of the TV (my TV volume shows in the bottom center).  The volume on the upper corner goes 0 thru 25.  0 acts like the mute button and freezes the screen rather than muting the Denon and the volume up/down changes the number but not the actual volume.  Yes I know that sounds crazy!

Sorry this didn't help.

wsmfpGA are you also, PlaidLeaf981?

That just... defies logic. Aside from possibly switching from RF to IR commands on the Denon (which sounds like something you would have mentioned adjusting). Here would be my thought: Unplug everything 100% go back to as it was before the Xbox got there. See if it works. This really sounds like a red herring (although not intentional) case to me. Aside from physical blockage it makes no sense.

Sorry this didn't help.