My thoughts on Infection

First off, I really enjoy this game mode. However, there are some serious problems with it that really turn me off from it.

1. People quitting and joining back. This is incredibly annoying and a very cheap and selfish thing to do. What IW/SH should do is make it so that if someone joins the game after it has started, they should automatically become infected. No exceptions.
  2. Games are incredibly short now. Now that IW/SH caved and throwing knives are back in, I haven't seen a game last longer than 3min since. I really wish they would just leave throwing knives out of it once and for all except for the initial infected. Just give us worse weapons (Spas instead of Striker, PM-9 instead of PP, etc) and most problems would be solved. Keep the starting ammo counts low and no matter where a horde of people are camping, they will all eventually run out of ammo. Sometimes dying a lot if required. If someone doesn't like that than they shouldn't be playing that game mode. How it is now is just awful.
  3. Completely patch all of the glitch spots. People are still able to get to the strafe jump spots on Seatown and on the helicopter on Bakaara. If you're going to patch a spot, patch all of it. Not just a spot here and there.
  4. Give the infected Bouncing Bettys. They don't make a huge difference but can help to clear out some of the more notorious camping spots.

How it was two days ago was near perfect and now the game mode has lost a lot of its fun factor for me. Find what works and stay with it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I tested it out now when a user quits and comes back they have it so it recognizes there name and makes them a zombie.

The only thing i wish they would change is if you have a short range weapon they should not have a throwing knife but I don't play that game type much. I wish that server was a trial cause it ties up all other games cause every one is playing infected now.

People quiting means they do not want to play in that room.  When they go to join a game it takes them right back to the same one.

Infected is fun.

You do relize that they patched the striker, right? Even with damage in this mode, it takes 2 shots at near point blank to kill them. My main quirk with it is they added the TK, which on some levels is very helpful, but makes the games too damn short to have any real fun. Even without the TK, people were still able to kill everyone by the time limit.

[quote user="PIRATE DUCK"]

You do relize that they patched the striker, right? Even with damage in this mode, it takes 2 shots at near point blank to kill them. My main quirk with it is they added the TK, which on some levels is very helpful, but makes the games too damn short to have any real fun. Even without the TK, people were still able to kill everyone by the time limit.

[/quote]I still get 1 shot kills about 90% of the time with the Striker. However, they added the Type 95 as a new spawn weapon. /facepalm

I like the way they changed the infected Survivor points from 100 to 50. It changed the whole way of playing. Used to be that people just went and hide to get +100xp per person infected. Now that its +50 xp people are tryin to kill the zombies for the points. So that said equals to quicker games.

That game mode is the best for getting the Knife Veteran. Especially when you're a juggernaut.  I really wish they would take out throwing knives they are way to cheap, and people have been getting so ridiculously good with them.  They should just do what they did in Resistance where if you try to jump onto a spot where infected can't get you, you die automatically.

with the way people were boosting they had to add in the TKnife.  One game I was able to quit out and join back so that I could have a gun and shoot the kid blocking the doorway for the final survivor.  I'm glad they brought it back.  

Dont blame IW. Blame the community who abused it.

yeah Infected is loads of fun they do need to take the throwing knife out though except for dome