My Theory On The Story (Potential Spoilers)

I think the massive Forerunner mech/war sphinx we see rising from the sand is none other than Mendicant Bias, the Forerunner A.I. that supposedly went rogue and allowed the Flood to destroy the Forerunners. I think Master Chief is taking a blank A.I. chip to Mendicant Bias in order to either bring back Cortana (she may have been copied on the Forerunner version of the internet) or to imprint Mendicant Bias himself in the A.I. chip in order to discreetly smuggle him somewhere. I believe Master Chief is seeking Mendicant Bias's help because the Precursors and/or the Flood are making a comeback. Also, Mendicant Bias already helped Master Chief in Halo 3 (he was who was talking to Master Chief on the terminals).

What do you guys think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

But why is the chip broke?

The one chief carries around.

It looks broke.

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

But why is the chip broke?

The one chief carries around.

It looks broke.

[/quote]

It's a possibility that he is carrying Cortana's A.I. chip.

Maybe, you have interesting theories.

I hope we get some new trailer soooon! :D

ытьсыслсьытьялыв

No doubt in my mind halo 5 will take place on the Lesser ark and will be about awakening Mendicant Bias. With the trial of Mendicant Bias with the Iso Didact burying him underneath the sands of the ark. Saying he will be needed should the flood return. Now the Absolute Record. If we remember the third terminal in Halo 3 343 has a conversation with the ark's subroutine AI and 343 asks who he is. He answers with all our makers once held dear Alexandria before the fire. You know the largest Library in the world the one in Egypt that was burned to the ground sounds like an absolute record to me. The same terminal also mentions they found the last shard which is Bias he was broken up into fragments. Now Bias has a huge amount of knowledge from the domain as well as the flood so he would know how to beat them as well. Now i shall leave you with some quotes from the IRIS Campaign and Silentium.

MB05032

You asked me once, what happened to those who vanished?

You asked me, why did we survive where our fathers fell?

You wished to know how we ever let it happen

A scourge that consumed the galaxy

And the cure that was worse than the cancer

You asked me once about my intent

And the spot that would not wash out

I promise you the answers lie in the Ark

Find me there in the dark

For that is where I abide

I Promise you answers lie in the ark find me there in the dark for that is where i abide. Sounds a lot like a reference to Mendicant Bias being buried under the sands of the ark in his tomb by the Iso Didact.

The Halo 3 terminal i mentioned.

Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarians'] final –

04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan –

But also maintains [bellows, crucible, castings]

04-343 (errant): A what?

[bellows, crucible]–

04-343 (errant): Vexation! I am the Monitor of –

Judgement: Your authority means nothing here.

04-343 (errant): Impatience!

04-343 (errant): I have told you who I am. Who are you?

All our makers once held dear.

[Alexandria before the Fire].

“04-343 (errant): Sincere apology. But how –

Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarians'] final –

04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan –

But also maintains [bellows, crucible, castings]

04-343 (errant): A what?

[bellows, crucible]–

04-343 (errant): A Foundry?

04-343 (errant): For what purpose?!

Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.

Advice: Any further attempt to access will result–

04-343 (errant): Indignant!

Last but not least the Librarians last thoughts while she is on Earth before the activation of the Halo's. “I can only hope that they will survive and upon returning, that they will find this portal and use it to travel to the Ark – in order that they might discover their rightful place in this galaxy and the great responsibility they have finally inherited.”

Again mentioning the ark to discover their great responsibility this is an obvious reference to the Mantle and the Librarian saying the humans have earned it. Which is Echoed in halo 4 twice by the Librarian's archived personality. Once to John and once to Halsey. In order to gain the Mantle humanity would need more tech so the ark in my opinion is the record.

Also in Silentium the flood have 90% of the galaxy the only unknown location is the Lesser ark. Only Master Builder Faber and later the Iso Didact the only ones knowing its location. The Absolute Record is something you would want to hide from the flood and whats the only location hidden the Lesser Ark.

That was a good read. Thanks for the info.  I love the story in H4 so I am looking forward to the story in H5.  Probably end of 2015.  

I would like to see a better forge than halo 4. I hope campaign is twice as long from what I heard it should be. A new forge world would be nice , maybe with the next gen power. You could have weather affects and say if it was raining the textures of each block change. Depending on the angle of the block the effect would have a river type or if you made a dip water would collect in that spot.

Weather effects would be awesome, dynamic possibly, if it had some effect on the visor at least, maybe some battle damage effects too like blood if hit in the right spot, cracks, static effect pending the item used on you.  I also agree a new Forge could be nice if they gave us more to work with in a forge World vs the islands.   The only other thing I could hope for which I've brought up quite a bit in the past is to be able to play as any race/faction as opposed to simply Spartans vs Spartans or Elites, maybe this time asround not just Spartans but Covenant as well as Forerunners (If needed, some could have beast mode (Gears of War 3) like tweaks) and give them the same loadout, customs, etc,  perks that Halo 4 had but maybe unlock pending which faction you're playing as.  Basically I'd just like to see this play more like faction vs faction type multiplayer cause constantly Spartans vs Spartans gets boring real fast.  Lastly, I feel because unfortunately there's still always going to be quitters, we should be allowed the option to pick out specific MatchMaking options; Would like to be chose between open, lobby, or any, as well as map, gametype, or any, then MatchMaking does its thing from there.  The only other thing I'd like a fix on is to be matched to ranks within reason rather than people way higher or lower than ourselves to better aid the rest of what determines the players, game and type we're matched into.

What people are saying about the chip Master Chief has is Cortana's, that isn't possible. In Halo 4, the chip was disintegrated along with the podium, and even if it did survive, Chief never grabbed it.

All these info about the game is really getting confusing but hopefully the story from all parts of the Halo Series would make sense. Really looking forward to Halo: MCC and for the new movie Halo: Nightfall.