My saved data dissappeared after playing Assassin's Creed 2

During the 14th memory I got a message saying "Saving impossible". I watched the credits and all, finished the last few minutes, the turned the game off. Then I realized that I didn't get the gamers-points for completing the game, so I reentered the game to go to memory 13 to play 14 again, but all my saved data disappeared!!! How is that possible? There's also nothing stored on my memory unit, but I didn't delete anything!!!

Please help me!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 188 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I´ve just had the same problem, but I was finishing the 4th sequence of DNA.

I discovered the first tomb of the assassins but I didn´t get the achievement. When I finished de 4th sequence of DNA, I didn´t get too the achievemente, so I restarted the game to play it again. However, my profile had disappeared too. I don´t understand what has happened, but I must restart the game now :-(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you saying that your progress was lost, or the entire save file is gone from the memory? Have you looked in the memory settings?

Sorry this didn't help.

My sesion is erased, doesn´t exist now.

I have looked for it in my hard drive but i couldn´t find it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same happened to me today, was completing sequence 8... gosh, I don't think I can restart it again...

Sorry this didn't help.

I was at sequence 9 when I quit playing for the day.  The next day I booted up the game only to find I had no saved games.  It just said session, session, session.  I've never heard of a game just deleting your saves automatically.  From my research this seems to be a known issue and someone should sue ubisoft for not fixing this issue.  Game saves are being deleted automatically and has been happening since 2010.  I restarted the game with much regret and have had the same issue about a couple hours into the game.  Please let me know if you find some solution.  Assassins Creed 2 is unplayable if you can't even trust your game to save.  Let alone your game save being deleted constantly.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I´m shocked because I tough this was a particular problem with my ACII and my session. Yesterday, I restarted a new game with the hope to play quietly and finish the game without problems, but now I´m worried when I´ve read FRE5HMEAT´s comment.

I´m going to play the game for my second time. If I have problems with this anymore, I´ll post Ubisoft with the problem. It´s a really pity cause ACII is a great game, I love the history, the characters, Florence, Venezia,...

Sorry this didn't help.

I submitted a ticket to Ubisoft which I suggest everyone should do.  The more people complain perhaps the more attention it will get.  This is the response I received from ubisoft support.

"It seems that your save file has become corrupted. Unfortunately, there is no way to recover a damaged save file. You will have to either load a previous save or restart the game."

What a STUPID response!  I don't think they even read the issue.  It is not a corrupted save file when there is NO save file to be corrupted.  I'm with you Malarkey, this game is great but right now I'm freaked out to play it again because I don't want my save file to just keep vanashing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Totally awesome game, but i just lost both my saved sessions...... one at sequence 10 and one at 8..... i thought that maybe my hdd was going, but now i guess its a known bug issue.... which is good ie my hdd not being stuffed, but bad coz i love this game but i dont think i can bear the thought of starting again..... again.....

i played it for about 4 hours last night (after starting again) and went to it this morning and im back at the very very start.....

</epic uber sigh>

Sorry this didn't help.

So here's the deal.... a little net searching brings up lots of the same problem for this game, dating back to 2009.  This actually happened to me in early 2010.  I couldn't bring myself to start over, so I sold it on eBay, thinking they would fix the problem and I'd rebuy it later.  Well, that time has come, and it happened again to me last night.  I love the game, but refuse to keep starting over, grinding out the same feathers and glyphs and whatnot.  By the way, the response you got from Ubisoft is the EXACT same that people were getting in 2009 and 2010.  They've known about the problem, but just don't care.  I'm done with this company...

Sorry this didn't help.

This is extremely dissapointing, I just bought the game for like 15 bucks online since I couldnt find it in stores (I guess now I know why) so that I could catch up on all the games over Christmas break. I got through the first part of Venice, did alittle extra stuff and called it a night, only to find the next morning that the same thing had happened to me, my save file does not exist. It's December of 2011, this game should not be available for sale anywhere without a warning that says this could happen, this is ridiculous. How can a company this large completely ignore their fan base?

Sorry this didn't help.