My recent discussion with an "ambassador"

My daughter was on the Xbox One playing a demo of "Thief".  She wanted to see what it would cost to buy the full game.  She clicked to go to the store, but it was lagging so she clicked again twice.  When it finally went to the store, it started downloading the game.  She DID NOT see or acknowledge the confirmation, could not stop the process, and called me.  I unplugged the console hoping that would stop the download, but I already got a confirmation email.

I chatted online with the "ambassador".  He said that 1. my daughter was probably lying, 2. this was almost impossible, 3. I need to deal with my daughter, 4. just going to the Xbox store meant that she intended to buy the game, 4. even if someone broke into my house and downloaded a game on my console there was nothing anybody could do.  NO REFUNDS ever, under any circumstances.

My biggest issue with this incident was the way the "ambassador" dealt with me.  Calling my daughter a liar was very bad, but treating me like a completely insignificant, worthless, even foolish complainer really did it.  I asked to speak to someone who would treat me as a PERSON, but was told that nobody would be able to help me.

Do these "ambassadors" represent the company?  Do they have any concern what-so-ever for customers or their satisfaction?  Are they the only point of contact?

I immediately removed my billing information from my Xbox account and will never purchase anything again from Xbox.  I am also thinking of not using any Microsoft product ever in the future.  I am amazed that Bill Gates got where he did today treating his customers with such disdain.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Ambassadors are not employees of Microsoft and we are only volunteers who are here to help when/if they can. Unfortunately, there are people who have joined the ambassdor program for the wrong reasons and set a really bad example for the rest of us. So on behalf of all of the other ambassadors, I do apologize for his actions.

In general, Microsoft does have a no refund policy, but they will issue refunds in some cases. You'll need to contact support directly and speak to billing. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.