My problems with this game...quite a few!!

1. Whats up with pass release? Why is it sometimes my guy will launch the ball quickly and other times he holds it and trys to pump before he throws causing enormous sacks and loss of yards? I play with the Raiders and know Jason Campbell is better than this! It really makes no sense to me at all!

2. Deep pass...oh wait the receiver didnt even TRY to catch the ball? Not even 1 step overthrown and the WR refuses to even attempt to catch it? What happened to the realistic catches? I get 1 handed snags in triple coverage but my guy can not catch a ball with nobody around him?? They never want to catch when in stride with a few steps on the CB. They would rather have to stop, turn around and jump to catch the ball...which I seem to catch 85% of the time.

3. Pass rush...why does seymour fall all the time or can not get around the linemen? My guys seem to never get around the line and never close to the QB.

4. 3rd down conv. Why is it everytime I am on DEF and I force the opp to a 3rd and long its completed every time? They can run the ball, chuck it in double or triple coverage, but it is always completed.

5. Running the ball. Why is it almost impossible to run? I play on All-pro and would hate to try All-Madden. Using the right analog does not seem to help at all. Mcfadden runs over defenders in real life, but yet gets tackled behind the line all the time and my biggest rush is 13 yds with him? COME ON!!!

I knew I should of never got this game. The way they market it every year seems to buckle my knees. From here on out, I am DONE with Madden. It really sucks since I have been buying it every year since '98. I will wait to see what the competeors have been brewing all these years because EA does not seem to care about *** anymore.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Pass release is based on where the pass is going...short passes come out quicker than trying to heave one deep.  Stay in the pocked in this madden and make your read quicker.

Receiving.....Play the game...meaning become your receiver and make the catch.

Pass rush....sounds like you are bull rushing before contact and your rusher will fall on his face.

Zone blitz on 3rd down.  You have to send pressure or the CPU will find the hole in All Pro.

To run the ball, follow the blockers...if you are tossing the ball to the outside, you will typically fail unless it is a short  yardage situation.  Follow your blockers to the hole...don't juke or truck until you get past that first tier of the D.

This is not to the OP as he is done, but to anyone else having similar issues with the game.

well said mjeast!  You should be [Mod Removed] the computer on all-pro!  This is one of the better maddens i have played in a while. Took messing around with the sliders so maybe OP should look up some all-pro sliders

sometimes you have to look at your own play dude I have no trouble passing deep i switch onto my guy and try to ONLY throw the deep ball IF its there , also if you are bullrushing  like said and time it wrong you fall , the 3rd down thing i don't get because i blitz almost every single play especially 3rd downs i usually stop them try adjusting your defense pinch your line or show blitz put 8 men in the box i play on all pro and dominate i need to move up to all madden now

Also...when playin in rain...if your WR runs a route and slips (which happens far too often) the QB won't pass the ball until the player is back up and moving.

Yes I've thrown to wide open guys and the ball hits them right in the helmet.  They didn't even attempt to get it.  Or it's a long pass and the WR is wide open but apparently I throw the ball too hard and he couldn't get it when he just has to reach out and it's in his hands.

Does anyone else notice what is funny about the OP's post? All the "problems" he has with the game aren't really problems with the game. They are problems with YOU. Get better, or play with a better team, and these problems will disappear.

[quote user="Raider9864"]

1. Whats up with pass release? Why is it sometimes my guy will launch the ball quickly and other times he holds it and trys to pump before he throws causing enormous sacks and loss of yards? I play with the Raiders and know Jason Campbell is better than this! It really makes no sense to me at all!

2. Deep pass...oh wait the receiver didnt even TRY to catch the ball? Not even 1 step overthrown and the WR refuses to even attempt to catch it? What happened to the realistic catches? I get 1 handed snags in triple coverage but my guy can not catch a ball with nobody around him?? They never want to catch when in stride with a few steps on the CB. They would rather have to stop, turn around and jump to catch the ball...which I seem to catch 85% of the time.

3. Pass rush...why does seymour fall all the time or can not get around the linemen? My guys seem to never get around the line and never close to the QB.

4. 3rd down conv. Why is it everytime I am on DEF and I force the opp to a 3rd and long its completed every time? They can run the ball, chuck it in double or triple coverage, but it is always completed.

5. Running the ball. Why is it almost impossible to run? I play on All-pro and would hate to try All-Madden. Using the right analog does not seem to help at all. Mcfadden runs over defenders in real life, but yet gets tackled behind the line all the time and my biggest rush is 13 yds with him? COME ON!!!

I knew I should of never got this game. The way they market it every year seems to buckle my knees. From here on out, I am DONE with Madden. It really sucks since I have been buying it every year since '98. I will wait to see what the competeors have been brewing all these years because EA does not seem to care about *** anymore.

[/quote]

1. The pass release has to do with how deep the pass is. If you throw a screen or a quick pass over the middle the QB will release the ball quickly if you try bombing it deep it will take the QB longer to release the pass.

2. Like others have said catching deep passes is easier when you're controlling the WR instead of having the CPU do it. I usually let the CPU make the shorter catches for me but I like to control the WR on the deep ones though I have seen one of my WR controlled by the CPU make a diving catch on an overthrown deep pass.

3. You should try calling more blitzes and controlling one of the LB's or a blitzing DB instead of using the DL (this works for me). Also you could look online for some sliders that should make pass rushing easier for you.

4. The CPU deep pass completions are also a problem in NCAA 12. On 3rd and long you can try running more blitzes to pressure the QB making it harder for the CPU to get the deep pass off. You should also try controlling on of the DB's and trying to make the play yourself there will still be times when the CPU will make an unrealistic deep catch but this should help. If the CPU is converting 3rd and long by running then that is a user mistake.

5. Like I said earlier in this post you should try some sliders when I first got Madden 12 I was playing on All-Madden and I was getting crushed. I found some sliders on the Operation Sports website that struck a nice balance between All-Pro and All-Madden and made the game play much better for me.

Number 4. My problem is that 3rd and long is the only thing Madden has got right. My teams the Bengals, or BANGLES as Gus "the Man" Johnson pronounces it, always stops the teams on 1st and 2nd then gives up 30 yards plus on 3rd down. LOL ahhhhh, sad but true. Long live Mike Brown and my Bengals. 35 plus year fan.

Pretty damn mad myself....ive been disconnected ahhh about 23 times and my record stands at 12-27......this [Mod Removed] a joke bro. All while I gave up on Madden the past 3 years and decided to give it another shot. Should be 21-8 with a 0% dnf. And all I play is top tier competition. This better be fixed real soon or Im gonna cause hell with EA servers.