My Precious?

Since we are on the official Xbox forums, what makes the Xbox360 so special, why is it your console of choice, what does it have to offer that other rivals don't?

This thread is intended to be an Xbox evaluation thread and not a console war thread, if you must mention rival consoles please keep it relevent to the discussion.

What say you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I play everything.

it had the best online for a while. back on the original xbox online sucked  even on many PC games, it also had the best exclusives and really good 3rd party stuff.. the 360 continued this for a while as well.

-

simply put, xbox is surviving off past successes and short comings of it's rivals.

Well I chose the Xbox 360 over rival consoles one of which rymes with Pony because I liked the ergonomics of the controller better, and I liked the look of Gears of War, I also liked to idea of a removeable HDD and the option to upgrade to a higher HDD.

I chose the Xbox360 based on how good the original Xbox was, the fact all of my friends were getting one too, and when it first came out i knew i would be playing some sequels to some very great games, it was for me the ultimate gamers console, i was also slightly influenced by all of the negative opinions regarding the main rival console too and refused to even consider one for several years...

As I bought the Xbox 360 I was standing in front of the Xbox and this other console….

I saw the other and though….damn this ugly thing and this horrible analog stick controller with this poorly anatomic concept?

No! That´s I chose the Xbox :P Out of a mood :D

Got it for a christmas present 5 years ago. Since then a lot of my friends have gotten this console as well and pretty much everyone on my friends list I know personally. The online service tends to spend a lot more time turned on then other consoles and very rarely goes down at the fault of Microsoft. The only time it went down in the almost 5 years I've had this console it's only been down once when I tried to go on and that was just because I had AT&T when they released they released an update for their routers that the Xbox couldn't play on. I play on more than just Xbox but Xbox is still my main console.

It actually has a decently designed controller.

For me it was the original X-Box that sold me to the 360...I was pro Dreamcast before the original X-Box came out and dabbled on a PS2 as well but when i heard about this game called Halo:CE everyone was talking about at the time i had to see what all the fuss was about...after seeing it with my own eye's it was unlike anything out at that time...there was nothing like it and i had to get it...then followed Star Wars:KotOR,Doom 3,Hunter:the Reckoning,etc.i was sold and just stuck with it...been gaming since i owned an Intellivision but best gaming memories of all time started on the original X-Box.

I got it because it was the obvious choice. PS3 and Wii are lame-o.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

I got it because it was the obvious choice. PS3 and Wii are lame-o.

[/quote]Why was it the obvious choice, why was it not lame-o?