My Paypal was charged for LIVE Expiration?

I bought a 12 Month Xbox live Gold code on 01/03/2014. I redeemed the code the morning of 01/04/2014. Today (01/08/2014), I was charged 9.99, (doesn't say what for, so I am assuming that it was for 1 Month of Live.) I already checked my purchase history to both accounts linked to my Paypal, there were no purchases made by either of us. I was on an auto-renewal, which would have been today. My question is, why am I being charged for an Auto-Renewal, when I already renewed my membership with a PRE-Paid CARD, BEFORE my membership's expiration date?

I don't know if this will help, but when I try to revoke the auto-renewal option on my account through xbox.com, I get this error message on the website.

date: 1/8/2014 10:46:57 PM

s: qrfr3IqpIA2HJsoN4bN4IqDa3masyWQL8120DGqhmg0=

req: e9449aae-728b-4354-8c07-d566a14c60ca

There seems to be a glitch in the system.

I tried using the chat support, only to get a [Mod Removed], whom after having to TRY explaining my situation, gave me a run around saying there was no charge, and then said there was...sounded like she didn't know what she was talking about, and it really upsets me I pay for live usage, and Microsoft outsources for support employees, whom barely even speak English. I pay for my services, I could choose a console and FREE services, but I though I would go with an American based company and help to support American Business.

Any help on why this happened, and the correct way to solve this would be very helpful. Things like this should never happen, though they do. This is also a direct violation of Xbox Live and Microsoft's Billing Agreement.

I challenged this unauthorized charge with the Paypal dispute center, along with an explanation of this ridiculous situation.

If this does not resolve itself, what are my other options. I don't want to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX, only to get another Non-English, horribly educated person on the other end again. Is there another way that I can talk to someone who can actually help me that speaks English, and won't give me runarounds?

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Hopefully, Sarkastik Chik

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Your racism is not welcome on these forums.  Phone support is the only one who can help you with billing issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.