my one complaint

I think Skyrim is an amazing game, but my one complaint is that the difficulty of the game does not increase enough as you character reaches higher levels. Once you hit 50 or so there is very little in the game that can actually hurt you.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes, I totally agree. It evokes a 2nd play through.

I agree.  I've got an untouchable level 44 heavy armor dude and a 30 light armor archer fella that just destroy everything.  They should have made the dragons or giants (or a titan or something like that), that you couldn't beat until you were really powerful.

Yeah.  It's all or nothing with me right now.  Since like level 30 there isn't much that can hurt me, so I'm going to see how stupid ridiculous overpowered I can make my character.  Grinding out alchemy is a pain but having a set of armor with 1000+ rating and a weapon that can deal out like 2000 damage will be kind of fun.  

My next playthrough I'll probably raise the difficuly and avoid crafting ridiculous weapons/armor, but dump tons of points into stealth, archery, etc.

SNIPERFROG, you 2nd character focused on stealth and archery will be worse... The enemies will have even less of a chance of killing you, considering they cant even see you to start with; and you will get a sneak attack bonus with a bow and arrow. Which does a lot of damage,

Well hell.  Is there a way to make this game challenging?  Actually, nevermind, I don't care.  I'll just make uber powerful characters from each of the 3 major schools (assassin, warrior, mage) and see how far I can take their abilities.  

If I want to make a chalenging character I'll make a guy with a mohawk and run around with nothing more than a loin cloth, hide boots, hide bracers, a wood cutting axe and a bow.  Straight up Indian.  

SNIPERFROG , I want to do that to , Be all Apache and whatnot.

I haven't gotten that far yet, so I'm looking forward to the super armor and whatnot. :)

I found the same thing.  Sneaky sneaky theiving archer with a bit of 1 handed. But around level 45-50, started trying new things.

2 Handed and Heavy Armour, both with really low skills, means a lot of the stuff you fight around level 50 is now damn hard.  Plus it keeps the level going up, albeit slowly.  

Keeps things interesting, but the Fiery, Soul Stealing, Shock Damaging, Daedric Bow is on a hot-key, just in case things start getting crazy and I remember I haven't saved since the start of the dungeon!

Good thing we can increase the difficulty. ;)

My character is an Sneaking Archer-Tank: unoticable and unstoppable. I can kill bears with my fists alone and take on bosses without fear of death.