My MW3 disk wont play!

I got a new xbox360 and MW3 game for this past christmas, i do not play it heavily or leave it on for long periods of time. So you can believe my dismay when i started playing call of duty today and downloaded the new content update, after i downloaded the new content the game wouldnt play, saying "disc read error" or "unrecognized disk" no matter how many times i eject and then reload the game or turn on and off my system, the game wont play!!! this is very frustrating especially since i just spent money on add on content that i cant even experience. I NEED A SOLUTION! PLEASE!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Clean the disk well and see if that will correct the problem.

Check the disk for any deep scratches or cracks.

If all else fails it will need to be sent in for repair.

https://myservice.xbox.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not sure if the OP needs to send their console in for a repair because one game fails to work.  I would suggest to try to install the game, or borrow a friends copy.  If the install fixes the read error's, problem solved.  If your disc doesn't work, but your friends one does, there is something wrong with your disc.

Have you tried to clean the disc?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey TheLoneRagerrr! There are quite a few steps we can take here before determining your console/disc drive needs repair so we'll hold off on that! Can I have you review and try the solutions suggested in our "My console has disc read or drive issues" sticky post? If none of those solutions work let us know if this is occurring only for your MW3 disc of if you have trouble with other disks as well? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.