My Little Pony

I was tired of trekking through mountains on foot, so I decided I'd invest in a horse. I had him for about one trip to town when I came across a dragon. I dismounted and slayed the pesky beast. I then looked all around for my beloved pony, but he was nowhere to be found. I fast traveled back to town to see if he would show up in the stables, but he wasn't there. Did he die or something? Maybe he is still wandering the mountains feeding on grass just hoping I will return to him? If so I would feel really guilty as a pet owner because I left that location weeks ago (in Skyrim time). Has anyone else had this disappearing horse problem?

Discussion Info

Last updated September 17, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Odds are it died. When you fast travel to any major city, it would be waiting outside the gate or in the stables.

Only problem I have had with horses is they always die when I try to jump down obstacles that wouldn't even damage me if I was on foot.

Not yet, but it happened in Oblivion.  Could just be lost, then hours later he'll show up.

Or... You'll go back to where you fought the dragon and find the horsey laying in a bush with it's tongue sticking out.

Join the dark brotherhood and get Shadowmere, that horse is godly.

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

[/quote]

Got Shadowmere too. Do you know if he can die or not? Or if he respawns?

That same thing happened to me. 1000s down the drain. After that, I decided to just wait until I got Shadowmere.  Shadowmere = awesome.  I'm sure he's the same as in Oblivion - fastest horse, can't die (only will get knocked unconscious), helps you fight in battle.  I love him! He's made killing dragons easier (not that they were all that hard - but he keeps them on the ground longer).

He's the best horse in the game but he can still die. I jumped off a cliff with him and I fell off and he collapsed. He didn't get up and I could search him so I presume he died.

Mine was killed by a Dragon also last night.  He was a good horse , and had fought in many battles but last night on the way to Riffen an Ice dragon killed him.  This is not the 1st time he has died and I got tired of reloading to save him after half my fights in the woods.  So I decided to walk for now.

[quote user="xteacheronizuka"]

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

[/quote]

Got Shadowmere too. Do you know if he can die or not? Or if he respawns?

[/quote] Hes never died on me.

He can't be killed by enemies but can be killed by you.