My laughably BAD career in Black Ops.

Yes. Laughably bad. Purchased on launch day and since have logged better than 6 days into Black ops. My k/d has hit an all time high of 0.67. My killstreak stats are hilarious to most players; a low number of low end killstreaks, about 90 napalm strikes, 60 some odd mortar teams, and a handful of higher killstreaks that were only obtained through the care package blessing of digital warfare. I have never earned a chopper gunner nor have I ever earned a gunship... Actually I have never even purchased them and I am on my 9th prestige!!!! Truth be told I have never earned anything higher then an attack helicopter outside of the care package. I have a highest killstreak of 11 and I would be generous to say I have got 11 kills in a row MAYBE 5 times. My win/loss? forget it!!!! I tried to join up with some clans to maybe get my game a lil stronger. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... No clan in their right minds wants to take a player like me, seriously. 

I have been gaming since the launch day of the NES. yea, the first nintendo, kids. Okay, maybe not the launch day but I had one as a kid, and it was still the newest thing out there! anyway...  all these years of gaming and having a blast, and today after a couple frustrating sessions of Black Ops It hit me....

THIS IS NO LONGER FUN FOR ME.

I mean, who wants to lose that much? I feel like the video game curve has surpassed my skill level about 1 Call of Duty title ago. Yep. In the case of Black Ops, I constantly die from the backside. Or, claymores. Damn they should have taken claymores out of objective based gaming. I get a kill. take a death. take a death. get a kill. the pattern repeats it self... I watched a guy on youtube yesterday go 83kills and 3deaths. baffled me worse than sudoku (or whatever you call that stuff)??? how can the ends of the spectrum vary so much? It is just a game right? huh? I am lost in the matrix here... years of gaming and successful dueling and not I can't decide if I have burnt out or the gaming world just left me behind at some point. The antiquated gamer.  I feel let down by my favorite industry ever... and I don't know why? I feel that feeling like when you know you need to break it off with that girl, but you just keep holding on to every little bit hoping it will work itself out. I feel DONE. 

And... the fork is inserted. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Watch your games and find out what is making you do so bad, is it your reactions, accuracy or what?

My kd is 5.40 and 3 win/loss you can add me if you like,  just remember its a game its there to have fun, use a sniper and just mess around :s

its probably because you suck. If you can't play the game right then get a life and get over it.

Your stats are pretty much like myne apart from I got 18 to 19 days game time and am 9th prestige rank 42 my kd is .77 with about 35000 kills and 46000 deaths but I run about like a headless chicken can't stay still for any long time although I keep meaning to try. It would be great if I knew which weapon was best to roll with and improve my game was using the famas a lot but kinda having fun with l96a acog at the minute cause get a lot more satisfaction wen I pull of a nice kill but at the same time I'm getting twice as many deaths.your not alone believe me

I started out pretty bad.

I am now a 15th Prestige, Level 15 and I am pretty good, I guess. My score per minute stays around 320 and my kdr stays around 2.0.

When I first started, I was excited to get a 1.0 kdr, but stayed around .70 and I have no idea what my ppm was.. probably more like

Maybe the way you are trying to play isn't what you are good at.

[quote user="Octosqu1d"]

its probably because you suck. If you can't play the game right then get a life and get over it.

[/quote]

its people like this that ruined online play on all the cod titles.

myself ,i couldn`t care less win or lose,i have no idea what my kill/death nonsense stats are,no idea of killstreaks numbers i have achieved,i just don`t care.

the one thing all the cod games need is more people that don`t care,they may well become a much better place to play.

OP,ignore all your own stats and everyone else`s and just play for fun.

[quote user="Octosqu1d"]

[/quote]

you're like a modern day Confucius.

Don't get me wrong... in between feeding opposing teams large amounts of kills, I have a pretty good match occasionally. My biggest failure is getting worked on from my blindside. I've tried theater examination and finding different ways to move through maps and dozens of different load outs. People always behind me getting the easy kill makes me absolutely crazy and puts my controllers in some pretty serious danger. I try to play conservative and only rack up 5 or 6 kills in a match with the 5 or 6 deaths to mirror them. So, I usually run wild and bank on hopefully catching the enemy off his guard... this grants me more kills in a match but also many more deaths.

I play pretty much every gametype except SnD, which I really don't care for.

FYI this has been my most successful load out...

Scavenger pro

SOH pro

Tactical Mask pro

AK47 suppressor

Crossbow

semtex

concussion

jammer

appreciate the responses.

[quote user="S3AN JONES"]

Don't get me wrong... in between feeding opposing teams large amounts of kills, I have a pretty good match occasionally. My biggest failure is getting worked on from my blindside. I've tried theater examination and finding different ways to move through maps and dozens of different load outs. People always behind me getting the easy kill makes me absolutely crazy and puts my controllers in some pretty serious danger. I try to play conservative and only rack up 5 or 6 kills in a match with the 5 or 6 deaths to mirror them. So, I usually run wild and bank on hopefully catching the enemy off his guard... this grants me more kills in a match but also many more deaths.

I play pretty much every gametype except SnD, which I really don't care for.

FYI this has been my most successful load out...

Scavenger pro If you are Just breaking even with kills/deaths, scavenger is probably a waste. Maybe try fj if you are rushing or ghost a camp a bit ( if you keep getting killed from behind I would suggest the camping)

SOH pro

Tactical Mask pro For modes like dem or dom tac mask is useful, but in most modes you are probably better using ninja or hacker.

AK47 suppressor

Crossbow Unless you are different than everyone else, the crossbow is more of a novelty weapon. Maybe go with a launcher, even if you arent getting a lot of kills, you can still be useful to your team by taking out air support.

semtex

concussion

jammer helpful at times, but personally, I like claymores, they are almost always good for a couple of free kills per match and if you're using hacker, you free up the equipement slot.

appreciate the responses.

[/quote]

The main thing is to have fun ........ if you arent having fun, then it may be best to put it away for a while. But then again, sometimes just taking the game less seriously can greatly improve your results.

If you are worried about doing poorly and upsetting teammates, maybe try some ffa. It doesnt really matter what you do there. When I'm just looking for fun, I'll try stupid stuff, like trying to use the crossbow as a primary weapon, or just running around stabbing people. Sure you might die a lot, but if you arent too worried about taking even more of a hit on your k/d, you can find all kinds of fun stuff to do.

Right on, a tired old guy. I let the death toll I rack up bug me sometimes. But, I am a just-for-fun player. I could care-less about k/d but it is frustrating that I have been a long term CoD player and at this point I am not a MONSTER!

I really like the idea of destroying air support to help the team even when i'm getting washed out. Although, I fare really well with the crossbow. it's the only reason I've scored a good number of triple kills.

Thinking, i'm going to give Black Ops a rest tho. idk?

[quote user="S3AN JONES"]

THIS IS NO LONGER FUN FOR ME.

[/quote]

Good, now join me and make "I hate Black Ops threads".

That's pretty much all I do now.