My issue(s)...

Ok, so, recently I did  a system cache clean up in an attempt to clean up my, uh, cache.  I'm aware that I will have to update every game I play after that.  My problem now is, a few of the games I've tried to play after updating, now freeze instantly before the title screen can even show up.  And no, it's not every game.  I have done just about everything I can think of and or read to fix this problem.  Nothing seems to matter.  Not even doing a license transfer (as this is a my second xbox 360) and re-downloading every last piece of dlc I have.  I don't get it.  So far the games that work fine outweigh the games that can't even get to the title screen.  If it matters, the two games (so far) with this issue are Mass Effect 2 and Gears of War 1.  I'm tapped out on what to do next.  If any of you have any other suggestions besides the basic advice I've all ready followed off the website(s), I'd be appreciative.  Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there. Just to clarify, you are are only experiencing this freezing issue with these two games, correct? Are these games being played from the disc, installed to the HDD from a disc, or downloaded from the Marketplace? Try to delete the games, clear the cache, restart the console, and then re-download or re-install them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciate the response Gwyther, but as I all ready stated, I've done everything you've suggested multiple times all ready.  And yes, they are installed.  As far as those being the only two games? I'm unsure, I eventually got frustrated and stopped cycling through my library.  Either way, I'm more or less at whits end with the Xbox as a whole at this point.  This is my second Xbox, and I rather don't feel like dropping another chunk of change for another one.  If you have any other suggestions, then feel free to post them.

Sorry this didn't help.

By testing other games, we can rule out a hardware issue, so if you have more games, it would help to know. Also, can you confirm that you did in fact do the suggested steps, exactly in that order?

Sorry this didn't help.