My issue with the 'completed games' list

Call this a 'grind my gears' post if you like but elements of the achievement/gamerscore system annoys me very much. There are several games I have 'completed' by achieving the 1000 gamerscore, however due to the DLC added to the game, they will not appear in my completed games list. One recent example for me was Resident Evil 5. I went back through it several times to pick up the left over achievements. When I had the 1000 gamerscore, it did not appear in my completed games list. Why? Because I need to spend 800 microsoft points to download two add-ons in order to 'complete' the game. I don't think this is fair do you? Out of curiosity, has anyone completed a game, achieved the 1000 gamerscore before the arrival of DLC? What happened when the DLC came out?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think it register as no longer complete once dlc comes out.

I was completing Fallout New Vegas every time a DLC came out.  And every time a new one released it dropped off my completed games list until I got all the achievements for it.   Happened with Mass Effect 2 as well.

-

In fact I have two games 100% right now that will drop off with DLC (Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim)

-

I agree though unless you have the DLC it shouldn't count against you if you 100% the main game.

Thanks for those replies, that's answered my question then. Very annoying to say the least. I'm not expecting to have an impact on the way the system is run however I just do not agree with being forced to purchase DLC if I would like to complete the game. Unless the DLC is something really special, I prefer my games to be completed as is, as opposed to topping up with afterthoughts every once in a while.

[quote user="Grovesy1988"]

Call this a 'grind my gears' post if you like but elements of the achievement/gamerscore system annoys me very much. There are several games I have 'completed' by achieving the 1000 gamerscore, however due to the DLC added to the game, they will not appear in my completed games list. One recent example for me was Resident Evil 5. I went back through it several times to pick up the left over achievements. When I had the 1000 gamerscore, it did not appear in my completed games list. Why? Because I need to spend 800 microsoft points to download two add-ons in order to 'complete' the game. I don't think this is fair do you? Out of curiosity, has anyone completed a game, achieved the 1000 gamerscore before the arrival of DLC? What happened when the DLC came out?

[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean.  I "completed" Borderlands at least 3 times. Once when the game first came out. Then again after first dlc, then again after 2nd dlc.  After the 3rd or 4th DLC I just said couldnt get into it anymore. Started to become a grind trying to "complete" the game. I didnt even buy the 5th dlc.  I think it was 5 total. To hard to keep track of all the dlc thats released with games now.    I dont even worry about completed games anymore because of the way they release DLC so much. 

Well, technically you haven't completed the games.  At one time, they were, but now... they are not.  I'm in the same boat with RE5, and I actually have all the DLC.  I just can't be bothered with that God-awful VS. mode to win the 30 games (or however many) in the 2 modes.

Where do you see your completed games? Also where do you see how many achievements you have earned. Tatakao no Kami told me, but the options to see them weren't there.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]Where do you see your completed games?[/quote]

Goto the Social tab (next to Home) and highlight the block that contains your Gamertag/Gamerscore/9 achievement tiles/Avatar (you'll know it's highlighted when your avatar jumps forward).  Press A. Then press right to highlight the Achievements block and press A.

The full list of your played games will appear and the very first block will contain completed games and # of achievements unlocked. 

Thanks. My avatar is wearing that shirt too.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

To me I like that it takes off the games off your completed list. I love completing games more than I like getting gamerscore (if that makes sense). For the most part if I complete a game I hope it comes with DLC. Now I know almost all DLC is never as good as the game but if I put in the time to 100% it I am most likely looking forward to the DLC. I am in the same boat as a previous poster who stated he had Skyrim and ME3 completed but I am excited for the DLC for those games in particular.

I don't know I can see your frustration with it because it does require you to spend money. I just look at it like paying 15 extra bucks to enchance a game you should've enjoyed if you got 100% in it. I can see both sides of the coin on this topic but I just figured I would share I actually really like the completed games list and how it works. My real beef with MS is how they shut down mygamercard.net and didn't add a completion % to your gamercard, only way to check is by coming here and comparing games to players, lame. Only gripe I have is focus more on how many achievements you have not how beefy you can make your score with gamefly. Sorry for going off topic a little bit there (that is what grinds my gears!)

I have no problem with it...you technically haven't completed the game if you havent done the DLC