My honest opinion of Black Ops 2 from a weekend of playing and two years of hating COD.

I was a modern warfare guy. Like many others, modern warfare was truly the pinnacle of the CoD franchise and it is what really got me into it.

As always the hype train took over last year and I went on a wild goose chase to find MW3 Hardened so I could get the Elite. I played it for about two weeks, and then quit.

COD had become stale to me. It was sitting in its own ***, and it did not mind enough to move.

With Black Ops II, I would have to say that this has completely changed that.

One of my gripes of Black Ops 1 was that the multiplayer felt sluggish. It felt slowed down and like the game was just not running correctly.The game modes like one in the chamber and other wager matches were what drew me in ...... and now we come to this.

I have to say, Treyarch did an incredible job of not only making this game feel faster, but doing it in a way that is not over the top ridiculous. While this game does harken back to days of Modern Warfare, there is still an intangible difference to it that sets it apart. When I first played I felt like the game played and looked exactly like Modern Warfare 3 and I was worried. But something has taken over that has veered me from that thinking.

The multiplayer has absolutely grown on me, and I feel like like this game has a perfect mix of modern warfare type gameplay, but with Black ops balance and game modes. it is really something.

I also played the first campaign mission last night and I have to say that it only made my hype erection grow longer, as the intensity and enjoyment was rampant from the very beginning.

I dont want to go on with a long @@@ review because quite frankly I am not a professional writer but I will say this: I was never planning on buying Black Ops 2 this year. Once again, however, the hype train hit me in the face and took me along for the ride. So far, the ride has been amazingly fun, and I hope that the feelings continue and I do not get off at a stop two weeks from now.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"I was a Modern Warfare guy" pretty much gave away your thoughts on Black Ops 2.

Good to hear, but also not surprising.

Will you be playing BO2 more than Halo 4? THAT'S the question.

As of now, I would have to say yes.

Halo is an entirely different beast, and as of right now one of the only game modes I find truly enjoyable is flood.

Now this can be because I am not used to Halo games as it had been years since I played one, but Black Ops II (so far) is proving to be a much more fun multiplayer experience to me.

I think time will tell me more about myself in these coming weeks and if that stands true

[quote user="x SeanZ x"]

I dont want to go on with a long @@@ review because quite frankly I am not a professional writer but I will say this: I was never planning on buying Black Ops 2 this year. Once again, however, the hype train hit me in the face and took me along for the ride. So far, the ride has been amazingly fun, and I hope that the feelings continue and I do not get off at a stop two weeks from now.

[/quote] COD isn't going anywhere. Just look at its track record (Even though I PERSONALLY think MW3 does suck and don't play it but I have owned it since launch). Halo will be losing to Minecraft within a month or two. Halo lost its way long ago.

In the end, Minecraft will beat both Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. It's just that good.

343/3arc: I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter!

OP: Glad you're enjoying BOII. I look forward to it with more excitement now. I just hope it goes away soon cause I wanna go to sleep lol.

One of my friends got the game friday, which inspired me to get it Saturday. After all the fun we have been having, our other two friends went and picked it up early today as well. It is like a virus, but its a good one

^^^ No it won't beat COD. Its just above Black Ops as it is now, which has been out for what two years now? MW3 is still at the top. Not to mention COD titles have had 3+ titles in the top 20 played games over the past year. Halo has had 2 and one at the very bottom when it did make it.. Now COD will probably have up to 5 games at a time probably in the top 20 played games and Halo might be lucky and get two games but will still probably lose to Minecraft.

[quote user="x SeanZ x"]

COD had become stale to me. It was sitting in its own ***, and it did not mind enough to move.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Black Ops II, I would have to say that this has completely changed that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was never planning on buying Black Ops 2 this year.

[/quote]

Im pretty much in the same boat.  Hopefully it has the same effect on me that it did on you. 

Otherwise Call of Duty is dead to me :/

@ the OP ...

Many thanks for some great feedback there!

The number one thing why blops 1 was shady for me, hit detection is it sorted on blops 2?  

To be honest man I have seen some real janky *** in the kill cams tonight....