My Halo 4 Disc is Scratched

Halo 4 is probably the only game I play besides Batman Arkham Origins. I love Halo 4's Forge and the multiplayer. Lately I have had the Error Code pop up when I insert the disc. It's the one that says, Disc is scratched or can't read disc. My heart sinks every time this pops up. I can't build my maps and I can't play with friends. I have been all over YouTube looking up how to fix scratches on Xbox games. I have put soap on it, and it worked for a few days. Then the error popped up again so I put soap on it again, and it didn't work. Then I put shampoo on it and then the same thing happened. The disc worked for a while then it couldn't read it. I did this a few times with other products until now. Now nothing works. I am wondering if I can turn in the game for a new copy. Is that even possible if I don't have the receipt? I heard you can download the game on the xbox if you have a copy of the disc but I don't know how to do that or if you need a hard drive to do it. I don't have a hard drive but I will be getting one by the end of the week. I just need help or advice on what I should do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

You can probably get it buffed at your local Gamestop.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Halo 4 is published by Microsoft Games Studio so it actually is eligible for their Game Replacement Program.  The cost is $20 USD and has to be set-up by an adult.  Visit http://myservice.xbox.com and select "Accessory."

It's worth mentioning that for $30 you can buy a digital copy off of the Xbox 360 Games store which you would never have to worry about getting scratched.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I guess I can buy it again but I can't I install it just by clicking X instead of A on the play game button? I'm just asking because I don't have a hard drive yet and can't download anything. Just wondering what Install Game means.

Sorry this didn't help.

You would need a HDD to install the game to.  You'd also be installing corrupt files because it would need to read files from the disc to install.  If it can't read the disc then it obviously cannot install the files.

Sorry this didn't help.

You would need an hard drive to install a game. Installing a game makes sure that when your disc is scratched, marked or has fingerprints on it it will still read. The disc itself is still required to play a game on the heard drive. If you have 2 copies of the disc sometimes you will need to insert the original disc to play

Sorry this didn't help.