My gta san andreas isnt starting

When I start the game it says "you need to attach an xbox 360 drive to play original Xbox games". I downloaded to the xbox 360 hardrive(I have a 4gb slim). I bought my Xbox 360 from Walmart about a year ago. Please help!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately, without an official Hard Drive for Xbox, like a 250gig drive or the 320gig, you cannot load original Xbox games.  This is due to the fact that the 4gig S model, as well as third party HDD's, do not contain the official software needed to emulate the original titles.

You can try using a USB Key, up to 32gig is supported and transfer the game to that, though I'm pretty sure you will be told the same thing. You can buy Official HDD's from the MS store online www.xbox.com/.../320-GB-HDD or retailers like GameStop/Walmart..    DO NOT buy from ebay as most of those are 3rd party HDD, and have high fail rates as well as no software to playback XB1 games.

I hope this helps understand what is needed, I know it sucks and you wont be happy, but the 4 gig model is intended for those that just want to save games and the odd DLC.  It is not intended to store or run (even if disk version of XB1 games) full classic / new digital games on it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.