My Games tile does not show the notifications

Hello dear experts and WP users :)

Tried to figure out the problem in WP forum here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpapps/the-xbox-games-tile-does-not-show-notifications/52f8a5cb-a4f5-40ee-b16b-ca8989d60435, but they said that you guys should be able to help me here.

I have a Nokia Lumia 720, still with Amber on it.

The issue is my Games tile does not show norifications from the games and friendship requests. I regularly play Alphajax so this is why I want to sort it out.

Here are the details:

1. When I get to the Games (the screen with the list of my games, my Xbox profile, etc.), I see notification tiles there showing that it's my turn in Alphajax or s/o wants to be added to my friends. HOWEVER, the Games tile on the phone's main screen does not show anything (when I had a WP7 phone, it showed numbers there when my turn was due or there was a friendship request).

2. I added Alphajax tile to the phone's main screen (simply cause I could not see when it was my turn otherwise) and it duly shows the notifications, but I do not want an extra tile on my screen just cause the Games tile does not want to show games notifications.

My problem is:

Why does not the Games tile show the notifications (appears to be not only Alphajax's issue, since I did not get notified by this tile of a friendship request either)? Am I or the phone doing smth incorrectly?

Thanx very much again and hope you guys can help me solve this nuisance :) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi,

i'm using WP for a couple of years and the Livetile does show notifications only after a long time (4-5 days).

I did not found a solution yet. On Win8.1 the In formation about AlphaJax invites or friendship requests are shown directly.

Gruß,
Oliver
Ist Eure Frage beantwortet, markiert es bitte.
http://wpgadgets.de

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

thank you very much for a prompt response. The thing is, I've not seen 1 single notification on this tile and I'm pretty confident that the notifications sat there for more than 4 days. Nothing happened. So I do not think your explanation solves the problem. Hopefully you or s/o else know more on this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

your settings should be ok if you get Live Tile Updates sometimes.

If you will have a look at the Windows Phone Community, there are many threads about this.

From time to time it is running very well before it is stop working again. I'm an active community member there for years and i haven't found a solution.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum?tab=Threads 

Gruß,
Oliver
Ist Eure Frage beantwortet, markiert es bitte.
http://wpgadgets.de

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your input, but I did not say the Games live tile ever got updated. The notifications can be seen when I go to Games screen. Live tile has never shown me any indications of updated.

Really hope someone else knows more about it and is able to help.

Sorry this didn't help.