My Games on Demand Purchase Keeps Freezing!

I recently downloaded KoA: The Reckoning on Games on Demand today.

Its on my missus gamertag. When she goes to the Campaign mode, and selects her difficulty, and the game starts to load up and then freezes at the same point, right before the game starts...

I have tried to play it through my Gamertag and hers and it still freezes, I have deleted the game, and deleted the cache as well, but to no avail, it still freezes...

So basically she has paid €30 for a game that doesn't work. All her other games work perfectly, from Hitman to Assassins Creed.

We have purchased games before from Games on Demand:

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Prince of Persia

Divinity II DKS

Dragon Age II

Ghost Recon Future Soldier...

They all work perfectly, and without any hassle...

Our concern is now what to do? its not as if we can get an update for the game to resolve this since the company is no longer active.

Do we get a refund on our money/microsoft points?  Or can Xbox Live help us resolve this?

I am currently speaking with someone on twitter, but alas, you can't fully type everything you need to say on twitter.

Thanks for any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Hello Dave GD78. Sorry to hear about your problems with the Games on Demand title. Have you tried downloading the game to a different memory device, such as a USB drive formatted for use with Xbox 360? More information about using a USB drive found here: www.xbox.com/.../storage

Given the filesize of the game and it's DLC you would probably want to get either a 16 GB or 32 GB compatible USB thumbdrive. MS just recently bumped up the allowed filesize of external storage to 32 GB in the latest Dashboard Update.

If running the game via USB still has the same freezing issues then you may want to contact the publisher of the game, which is Electronic Ars at their Support site found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.