MY FIRST GOLD WIN

last night i had my first gold win with randoms, it was the first time i have been in a random team on gold that stuck together and held a part of the map,using power combo's and cover fire, i must say it was easyi have had harder silver matches.

it just goes to show all those lone gunners that this game is all about team work 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just did Firebase Giant vs. Geth.  With randoms.  Three Inflitrators no less.  I thought it would be a good idea to roll as the Salarian Engineer and spam my Decoy.  There were some very hairy moments but we pulled through.

Now my "Unwavering" achievement progress is 2/6.  Not bad for someone who only started Gold last week.

Gives ya a warm fuzzy feeling don't it

Still only done firebase white against geth in gold and only twice

but am playing much more silver and giving my Asari adept a workout

almost won a gold last night playing w/ randoms. unfortunately most of them were douchebags w/ no mics.  this one epic dumba$$ ,papa smerff or something, was actually sending TEXT messagss during hadcore fire fights. lol. dude.  in wave 10 they were all dead cuz it was too crazy for me to save them...AGAIN.  i lasted a while longer and these losers were actually saying, "hurry up" and "just die". lol..  some quality EFFing individuals.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

Now my "Unwavering" achievement progress is 2/6.  Not bad for someone who only started Gold last week.

[/quote]

The problem is, finding people willing to play on other levels.   Even my friends subscribe to the Firebase White vs Geth 'tactic'.   I can't tell you how many gold wins I have, yet I'm just 2/6 because all everyone wants to play is Firebase White.

[quote user="C45T4N3D4"]

almost won a gold last night playing w/ randoms. unfortunately most of them were douchebags w/ no mics.  this one epic dumba$$ ,papa smerff or something, was actually sending TEXT messagss during hadcore fire fights. lol. dude.  in wave 10 they were all dead cuz it was too crazy for me to save them...AGAIN.  i lasted a while longer and these losers were actually saying, "hurry up" and "just die". lol..  some quality EFFing individuals.

[/quote]

I have this feeling you're talking about Fire Base White/Geth/Gold farming and everyone just wanted to die after completing the objective on wave 10 to speed up the process. Either that or Cerberus on Dagger/Giant.

And congrats OP, beating Gold with randoms is no easy feat.

Pyth,

I think doing that starts on wave 10. We started a new match from the beginning.

[quote user="Pyth the Bull"]And congrats OP, beating Gold with randoms is no easy feat. [/quote]

thanks mate, it might not be a big thing for a lot of players beating gold but it is to me.it was cerberus on white , i can stop all but the atlas with stasis and a widow 2.

cerberus suits my style of play

[quote user="Citadel Guard"]

[quote user="Pyth the Bull"]And congrats OP, beating Gold with randoms is no easy feat. [/quote]

thanks mate, it might not be a big thing for a lot of players beating gold but it is to me.it was cerberus on white , i can stop all but the atlas with stasis and a widow 2.

cerberus suits my style of play

[/quote]

Cerberus on White....?

Funny you mention that because that was my first Gold win as well.  I ran with a Human Engineer and spammed Chain Overloads and Combat Drones and shot everything up with a Phaeston II.  Good times...

So I was thinking of doing all the original maps for the wavering achievement, but what is the easiest map to start with an what is the easiest opponent? geth?? or cerberus??