My first date with Lydia...

Around Level 30 I bought Breezehome and Lydia showed up, professing her undying desire to help me on my adventures, so I took her on the road... we go into some dark dungeon sort of place and the poo hits the fan... After a few frenzied minutes I find myself standing over the body of a Deathlord, but Lydia is nowhere to be found... I look and look and cannot find her... finally I go back and find her body, under the body of the Deathlord... she must have been killed during that encounter... I actually felt guilty... I should have left her in Breezehome to look after the place, but no, I took her out and now she's dead... grrr...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Didn't you reload or something like that?

I always do that if one of my companion dies.

I bet someone will post a  comment like "Why did you take her with you??? she has to stay in the kitchen" xD

Don't feel bad! Lydia died in our second encounter for me. I have 3 companions now that all have Dragon Scale Armor and Flaming Bows along with Health Absorbing enchants on their swords, so they are doing much better and getting even for their lost predecessors. I actually watched Mjoll do a beheading as she voiced her discontent with bandits.

I teamed up with Lydia much earlier, around level 6.  So, we've been through much together.  On the plus side is the companionship, the combat assistance, and the extra load carrying capacity. On the down side, she often rushes into battle when I'm trying to sneak, and I sometimes have to use the healing hands spell on her to keep her from dying in battle, which distracts me a little.  Still, if she were to be killed, I would immediately stop and reload from my previous save. Loyalty works both ways!

LOL. You guys getting Lydia killed. I have her go with me on quest that require me to kill Giants and Bandits. I never take her in Dungeons.  

That is why women should stay in the kitchen.

[quote user="implantedwall14"]

That is why women should stay in the kitchen.

[/quote]... unless they are skilled warriors and can carry a lot of armor and weapons!

I really should have read the thread more carefully. My joke was predicted before I posted it :(

-

And she just wears the armor so she doesn't cry when she cuts onions with her Iron Sword.

I've had Lydia along since about level 8 I think. Closing in on 47 now, we married when the patch came out (a previous post about loyalty sums it up for me) she stays in Breezehome runs her little shop now.

I will have her adventuring with me again, just getting her some decent armor first as she tends to bullrush opponents with little to no regard for herself. I like aggressive women in real life, and it bleeds over into the game I suppose. I don't need a kitchen girl.

For myself, she is a lot less annoying than that Spectral Assassin, I want to cut his head off after about five minutes of his dialog.

If Lydia is still alive, you're doing it wrong.

She was my second follower, and she lasted about an hour.  It was a great hour, though.

Lol, I still have Lydia at level 19.  She's chilling, now that I have Jenessa.  I don't know where I'm going to get up this 5000 gold for the Breezehome.