my first 1000,40/40 achievements

im new to xbox but their is some strange satisfaction in completing your first game to 100%,it may only be the new lego pirates game but still.

i know what your all going to say,pick a proper game,its a kids game etc but i dont care 

it made me think how many of you out there actually try to do this with all your games?,is it something that people commit to when they buy a game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

THEOWENKILLER, I won't tell you to play a "proper Game". In fact, I'll say more power to you, play what you want, when you want. No one buys my Games for me so I sure don't give a damn when people tell what Games they think I should be playing.

With that said, congrats on your first 1000/ 1000. I tend to try and get as many Games up to 100% Complete (including if any DLC). I don't use this as a "sole" reason when deciding on a Game to purchase or even play but I will make it one of the reasons as well. After all, "we're" human and don't need absolutes one way or another. If it's a Game I like and I like I can get the 100% Complete, I'll try. So far, I'm standing at 72 (I think?) Games at 100% Complete and quite a few that are only 2 or less Achievements away from being 100%.

It's definitely a goal to work towards but, on the whole I don't play games FOR the achievements, they're a nice way to extend the game, some achievements make you play the game a different way, Half Life 2: Episode One's "One Free Bullet" springs to mind. I'm currently playing through Ghostbusters, trying to get the "Nice Shooting Tex!" achievement, where you have to play through the Singleplayer game and do less than $100,000 worth of damage. It's tricky, but fun to try. I really enjoyed Portal: Still Alive's "Out of the Blue" (Only enter Orange Portals).

That said, I only kept Lost: Via Domus for as long as I did so I could mop up the achievements, it truly is a bad game...

Of course there are a great many people who place importance on gaining 100% completion in all of their games. Most people don't really care that much, though. If an achievement looks fun or easy, I'll go for it. But I won't waste 1 minute not enjoying myself for the sake of an achievement.

its actually got me looking at my other game achievements too,red dead redemption for example.i played this game all the way through to completion yet it only says 20% complete? theres dozens of achievements i didn`t get.theres no way on earth i could sit down and work my way through another 80% of achievements no matter how much i liked the game it would drive me mad,but some people must love the challenge i guess.

Congrats on your first 1000!

I try to get as many achievements as I can in my games.  It adds to the replay value sometimes.  I have alot where I have all the achievements, but at the same time I have alot where I don't.  

I only have one game with 1000 and that is Cod4.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I had a game that was 1000/1000 and it was Bulletstorm before the expansion came out. The game is terrible btw so don't buy it.

i have a total of about 137 games with the full 100% completion in them and it never gets old! let me tell you to watch yourself, achievements are addictive things!!

[quote user="Mr Jer Bear"]

I had a game that was 1000/1000 and it was Bulletstorm before the expansion came out. In my opinion the game is terrible, so I don't recommend it.

[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote user="robert999220"]

i have a total of about 137 games with the full 100% completion in them and it never gets old! let me tell you to watch yourself, achievements are addictive things!!

[/quote]

Bad news, I just got 138 completed games and it suddenly got really old.

I am wondering what the highest legit gamescore is these days...... I dont think I will ever see the 100,000k mark myself.