My experiences with Gears of War

My older brother is a BIG fan of the Gears of War series. He wanted me to play it last year in order to "Get better on Bad Company 2." If you compare your games to mine, you will notice that I'm mostly a fan of FPS and RPGs. The last time I liked a third person shooter was with Crackdown 2. Looking at the Gears of War series now it seem unavoidable. My older brother will obviously want me to play Gear of War 3. The online community will just be filled with Masters, Experts, Hardcore Gears of War players everywhere. The reason why I just avoided playing gears of war after playing it for 15 mins with my brother on single player. Some of you might think I'm here to hate on this game like an annoying immature kid. The answer is no, but I'm just angry over the factor that why can't I just not play the games I'm not interested in. (My brothers forced me to play Call of Duty Black Ops once.) No, my brothers are NOT abusing me. But why should I have to put up with Gears of War 3? Tell me your experiences with Gears of War, and advice for my problem below.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

right! well its just practice. play often to get used to how people play, just play in social matches so you can drop in and out and just keep playing. thats how you get better at these things, as simple as that to be honest. and gears 3 has tried to be kind to new players by giving them slight advantages. but the dedicated servers will help you, nothing better than a good connection, which can be hard to come by in gears 2.

I glad I got some useful advise here, anything else?

@Azure Influx

If you think thats over-reacting you might as well have been born with down-syndrome.

1. You don't HAVE to listen to your older brother. I rarely ever did.

2. Posting this on a forum for the game you are disinterested in is almost counterproductive.

3. Your brother is an idiot if he thinks Gears of War and Battlefield require the same skillset.

[quote user="sl00p"]

@Azure Influx

lmfao god damn you are as *** as they get. get your homosexual @@@ off the gow3 forums.

[/quote]You do know saying bad words are a no-no on the Xbox Forums, right? What's wrong with me saying words of wisdom, and a quote from a great American.

im sorry, im not trying to be horrible, im trying to understand. your asking for advice on how to say no to your brother? or your asking advice on how to get better, to play as good as the "masters, experts and hardcore fans" so when your forced to play it you can compete?!

you guys are *** hes asking for advice stop bashin the dude

why force yourself to like a game? You don't like GOW move on there are thousands of games you can play

one of us! one of us!

[quote user="Mr Jer Bear"]

[quote user="Azure Influx"]

[quote user="Mr Jer Bear"]

@Azure Influx Added to what GunnmWolf said. If you are in a match don't quit because your doing bad. I hate it when people do that and it's very annoying. Just remember this: quiting in GoW ranked match is FROWNED upon.

[/quote]I'm a gamer that plays games for fun, and for teamwork. I don't play for competition.

[/quote]

How did playing for competition get involved in this. I was just stating about quitting in GoW is bad. Who would want to have a 1v4 because team mates quit.....staying in a game is team work. 

[/quote]If I play a game to have fun, but am unable to enjoy one single match whether if I'm dying or killing. Why should I stay?