My expectations were so high for Skyrim....

And it has surpassed them all! The world is so rich with detail. From the landscapes to the people who live in it. It's like this isn't even a game. It's an entire world trapped within the confines of a disk. There are so many improvements over past games. From the character animations, to the combat system, to the inventory, I could go on for ever. Sure, it has its share of technical difficulties. The worst I've seen was a character who appeared to be eating something, yet was holding nothing in his hand. Despite minor nitpicks such as this, I can already tell this is the most amazing game I've played so far this year. GOTY!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

So tell me something. Will I like it? did they fix the leveling system to the point where I will not feel as I am fighting the same exact battle 90% of the time? I would love to get back into TES but only if my enemies are not always close to my level.

It's definitely my own personal GOTY. I know there are still a few more big games coming out this year, but Skyrim wins for sheer content alone.There's so much to do, it's pretty overwhelming, and it's expanded upon everything the other ES games have done. I absolutely love it. Minor glitches, and technical issues aside, it's a must play if you like RPGs.

@Murderstyle: I'm not too far into the game yet, but, I haven't felt that way at all. There are many enemies to fight, and they are extremely varied. I've ran into a few enemies that seem to be leaps and bounds ahead of me in levels, and deal quite a lot of damage. The AI seems much better as well.

Glad to see you're loving it. Always nice to see someone enjoy their 60$ purchase. Everything I've heard about this game so far is fantastic, the 'eating glitch' is the first glitch I've heard of actually.

I'm going to have to agree for the most part however what annoys me the most is that you have to go across the entire game world just for the starting quests in the game. I've just found myself using the coach whenever possible. Well, that and you can simply put a basket on somebodies head and steal all their stuff / kill anybody else in the room and not get caught.

--

Also, this might be relevant to most of you since you're probably getting it on the 360.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

So tell me something. Will I like it? did they fix the leveling system to the point where I will not feel as I am fighting the same exact battle 90% of the time? I would love to get back into TES but only if my enemies are not always close to my level.

[/quote]You probably wouldn't like it. I'm only saying this because it's you, though. I'm only at level 9 so far, so I can't say how it will be when I'm at a higher level. But while randomly walking around a forest, I came upon a willowisp mother. My sword basically bounced off her like I was swatting a dog a news paper. Then she pretty much just laughed at me and I fell over dead.

@Murderstyle  Im pretty sure Bethesda said that the enemies don't scale with you like Oblivion so you shouldn't have that problem with it.  I haven't played it yet to verify this though.

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

@Murderstyle  Im pretty sure Bethesda said that the enemies don't scale with you like Oblivion so you shouldn't have that problem with it.  I haven't played it yet to verify this though.

[/quote]They definitely don't scale with your level. I picked up a side quest at the start of the game and went to do it right away and ran into this. Let's just say I ended up dying a lot attempting to kill it >_>.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

They definitely don't scale with your level. I picked up a side quest at the start of the game and went to do it right away and ran into this. Let's just say I ended up dying a lot attempting to kill it >_>.

[/quote]I took that thing down early in the game. It was a hard fight and I used up quite a few potions in the process, though.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

[/quote]They definitely don't scale with your level. I picked up a side quest at the start of the game and went to do it right away and ran into this. Let's just say I ended up dying a lot attempting to kill it >_>.

[/quote]Thats exactly what I have been hoping for. Looks like i might have to sell some games then. Damn this has been an expensive month and I am close to broke.

I've only had a few short hours to roam around but I'm loving it so far. I think it would be a great candidate for GoTY. Everything in the Game is polished and it flows beautifully from combat to graphics to sounds to Game-play.

It is what a Sequel should be after waiting for so long. Other Devs need to learn some lessons from Bethesda in this case, do it right and don't release some half-baked Game just to get it out in time for Market Share.