My Diablo 3 isn't working. y u do dis Diablo!

So I got Diablo 3 couple days ago, and I tried playing it when I first got the chance but the disc was unreadable. Seeing the disc might be the problem, I went to get a different copy, but I got the same results. There were no major scratches on it. Also, I cleaned it, but nothing change. I tried to download it to my hard drive, but my disc would not read.  However, the games that were already installed to my hard-drive worked fine, and I tested out a game that wasn't installed, but it played fine as well. I had to use my friend's Xbox to download Diablo 3 to my hard drive. Going back to my Xbox (Xbox 360 Slim), I was able to play for one minute, but soon the game would freeze. So I just went back to my friend's Xbox to play Diablo 3 on since mine cannot read the disc. I'm unsure of what the problem might be, but any help or information would be 100% appreciated! Thanks and have a nice day! (Thanks to Mr. Cerb for helping and to others that replied in my other post!)
Questions for clarification:
  1. You were unable to play two different copies of Diablo 3 due to "Disc Unreadable" errors? Nope.
  2. You are able to play other disc based games that are not installed to your hard drive without issue? Yep.
  3. The exact same copy of Diablo 3 that did not work on your console worked on your friend's console? Yep.
  4. With Diablo 3 installed on your hard drive, it worked for a brief period of time before stopping? Yep or it would actually freeze at the loading screen after selecting a character.
Solutions that I tried:
Cleaning the disc: Did not work
Clearing system cache: Did it three times and still did not work
Taking out the HDD to see if the game would play without it: Would still not play
Getting a new disc: Still did not work
Followed Xbox's suggestions: Tried them all and none worked unfortunately

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 154 Applies to:

Hi Omnislayer,

Sorry to say but it sounds like you have done thorough troubleshooting to the point where a console repair would be recommended. If you would like, you can look in to setting that repair up right over here. Sorry to hear of the issue and the unfortunate answer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That is ridiculous. I'm having the same issues. Funny, though, when I went through and cleaned out the optional media updates, the disc was readable. Then, it would load the game, start the automatic download, and freeze the console. After the console freeze, the disc is suddenly unreadable.  I can rinse and repeat that solution all day long. Meanwhile, the game discs work in other xbox  units, and my xbox has no issue playing any of my other games, so a console repair recommendation just smacks of bad customer service and Microsoft not dealing with their issues. This has also been reported with Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, and MW3, just to name a few.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh okay! Update: Now, when I insert the disc and click 'x' for more info, i get an xbox store error: 8C230002, which is apparently related to content and privacy settings. Wheee!

Sorry this didn't help.

One thing to point out is that the games that have these reported issues are all rated M which can possibly be deemed unplayable on a system due to its content control settings. It seems like an area that most people forget about or that isnt really that good of a control system as some M games will work while others wont. I can see why the suggestion to have it reviewed by a technician is valid due to the description of the trial and errors experienced. Its simply referring the problem to someone with a more extensive knowledge of the area. After so many suggestions fall through...the best thing to do in order to get the problem sorted in the quickest manner is to go 'up the chain'. Reporting it to the repair service would result in a preliminary list of possible solutions and an option to talk to an official techie. But...that aside...like DraesMiran mentioned...you might wanna look over your content settings. Sometimes even resetting them completely and setting them up again can solve the issue. THEN if it still isnt working....time to look into repair.

Sorry this didn't help.