my dawngaurd progress keeps restting itself to the beginning

Every time i play the dawngaurd story line my progress through the story line will reset itself to the Initial dawnguard quest. It doesnt matter what quest i stop on, i will save and then my quest list wont have the quest i was on and all the items i have picked up in my progress will be gone. The listed quest will be the initial dawngaurd quest. This has happened the last 3 times i have tried to play through. And every time i turn off my xbox i have to delete then redownload dawngaurd.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

This may sound really weird, and I apologize in advance if this sounds stupid, but I had a similar issue once in Oblivion.  In my case, what had happened was I unplugged my XBox and didn't reconnect to XBox Live when I started playing.  Therefore the system clock was still set to the default date of like 2006 or whatever it is.  Anyway, I just kept loading up my last save and it wasn't where I was supposed to be.  I finally decided to scroll through all my saves, and near the bottom I found save files with larger numbers b/c the saves were sorted by date and not by number.  I don't know if Skyrim sorts by date too; it is just a theory that it would be the same as Oblivion.  Anyway, this may be a long shot, but worth checking out.

That's a pretty serious problem. I don't know if this will work, but I would un-install everything. Clear your system cache and your game cache (LB+RB+X when the game is launching). Then reinstall the title update and download everything again. If that doesn't work, you may have a corrupted save file. If that's the case, loading a previous save or restarting may be necessary.