My copy of Hitman Absolution is freezing at certain points, no scratches and clean - problem with my CD reader?

Hi,

I've been playing through Hitman and recently reached a cutscene where it freezes at a certain point, I can't reach the dashboard and just have to turn it off. 
It's also started freezing intermittently at the home screen, I've cleaned the disc and checked for any scratches, there aren't any!

I'm pretty sure it's a problem more with my xbox as on my friends xbox there's no issue, and it appears a lot smoother. 
Just wondering if anyone else has experience similar trouble  with other games, and if there is a way to install the game on my friends console and then transfer it back to mine as an installed game? Think if my disc reader is the problem this might make things a bit better,

Any advice would be much appreciated, 

hpgreenslade

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Have you tried to install the game on your Xbox?

If not, you can try to play the game on one of your friend's console and if it doens't work correctly there, I should bring the game back to the store if you have garuntee on it.

If it works on your friend's Console, I suggest you borrow his game and try to install his game on your Console.

Even if that didn't work for you, I suggest to try out all of your the suggestion that are discribed in this wizard

Please give me a reply if this helped or not.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately you cannot run a game installed to your friends hdd, as it will only run on his xbox.

Please go through the suggestions listed here:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-screen-freeze

It will hopefully resolve your problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the link, none of these seem to work for me so i'll think i'll try and get past the level on my friends xbox and then transfer the savegame back

Cheers again

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there hpgreenslade

All the steps listed above by FS x Thunder NL are valid and should be looked in to. If you continue to see issues, be sure to try playing the game with the HDD and all accessories removed and see if that is able to help with the issue. If so then the issue might be the hard drive itself. Let us know if that helps. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.